Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41 Frank
    replied
    Jack, I have a set of 1561793 rings in stock. Contact me if you can use them. Top ring appears to be chrome.

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestion. However, it is not without its own complication. I once I thought I had found a BrandX shortcut and to put together a Studebaker V8 using US Chevrolet 194" six-cylinder rings. By the time I had bought two sets of six rings, I could have ordered one set of V8 rings from one of our vendors.

I was just checking to see if anyone here had a set of STD rings gathering dust on a shelf. It's been years since I've seen a block I'd clean, hone and put back together with new STD rings, so very little use here for them anymore.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Jack, depending on how determined your requestors are it might be worth them looking into Australian General Motors Holden six cylinder piston rings. They are a direct replacement in Australia for the std. Studebaker rings. They need to look for 179 cid (2.942 L) sizes. As most Asian countries took delivery of Australian General Motors vehicles there is a good chance parts are still available for them. This way they have a ready supply.

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Thanks to both of you. I'll be sending them on at cost just to help keep a Stude on the road half way around the world.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    I have lots of boxes of piston rings but would have to check in the morning. They are Perfect Circle I believe so I would have to trace part #'s and I can if Bob Peterson comes up empty.

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    I think I have a set if I have not put in the trash can already, standard size does not fit very good in a over sized bore.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    <lol>.. Ya just can't get the good ol' American stuff over there anymore, can ya????

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
    I've had a request from east Asia for a set of STD piston rings. Anyone got a set gathering dust on the shelf and want to get them to a good home, PM me.
    jack vines

Leave a comment:

• Overseas Stude owner needs 259"/289" STD piston rings

I've had a request from east Asia for a set of STD piston rings. Anyone got a set gathering dust on the shelf and want to get them to a good home, PM me.

jack vines
Working...
X