Visit from the StudeFairy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit from the StudeFairy

We were at our other house celebrating the 4th and when we got home, to my surprise, this was in the yard

I never know what's next. Makes life fun
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Is that an early power take-off unit sticking out front, Bob? BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 07-05-2012, 04:05 AM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

P.S. My apologies for the pic size. I used the PicGarage app and it doesn't allow resizing; at least that I have been able to figure out...
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob- that's some type of tow bar, I believe. Didn't look too close yet.

The body is amazingly straight and rust-free- unbelieveable! It carries a SD plate dated 1981.

Also, Bob- you might be interested to know that it appears to have early 70s Challenger or 'Cuda buckets installed; white, and in pretty good condition
        Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I know it's a tow-bar provision, Bob...

'Just added some smilies to clarify! <GGG>

If those seats are in good shape, why not sell them to the MoPar crowd? Certainly there is a six-way Lincoln power bench lying around there to be installed. BP
          Last edited by BobPalma; 07-05-2012, 04:09 AM.
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Certainly there is a six-way Lincoln power bench lying around there to be installed. BP
            Good one, Bob! There's barely enough room for a person to fit inside with the standard seat! I could hardly imagine how much LESS room there will be with big, squashy Lincoln seats in there. There'd be absolutely no room whatsoever to allow them to do their six-way thing!!

Craig

Comment

Looks like the ideal hauler for Chinese soup IYKWIM.

If that's the tow-ee, don't you just wonder what the tow vehicle would have been? I'm thinking a Lima Class-C Shay...

Comment

Looks like a pretty solid truck and the grille hasn't been used as a push bar ,as others seem to appear . that would be a good fine, let alone just appearing . thanks for sharing!
                Randy Wilkin
                1946 M5 Streetrod
                Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

"StudeFairy," I like the image it conjures up in my mind! Nice truck, enjoy.
                  1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    Good one, Bob! There's barely enough room for a person to fit inside with the standard seat! I could hardly imagine how much LESS room there will be with big, squashy Lincoln seats in there. There'd be absolutely no room whatsoever to allow them to do their six-way thing! Craig
                    You can say that again, Craig! BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                      P.S. My apologies for the pic size. I used the PicGarage app and it doesn't allow resizing; at least that I have been able to figure out...
                      As that big picture slooowly unwound itself on this computer and I kept seeing more and more greenery, I thought you were going to have a picture of some sort of wildlife. The big M looks like a keeper.
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Man that's one GIGANTIC truck.
                        Paul Bunyan could use that.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                          You can say that again, Craig! BP
                          There'd be absolutely NO room whatsoever to allow them to do their six-way thing!

There, I said it again just so Bob A. doesn't try it!!

Craig

Comment

So Bob , what did you have to put under your pillow to get the Studefairy to drop that truck off......inquisitive minds want to know <g>
                            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Just what you need, when you are trying to cut down on cars.
                              Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Working...
                              X