X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studedude
    replied
    Originally posted by Milaca View Post
    Dave Lester, is that you in the cut-off jeans?
    No, I don't have that much... hair.

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Dave Lester, is that you in the cut-off jeans?

So, as mentioned originally, I had some issues with the starter solenoid in the car after the parade as it wouldn't engage & complete the starter circuit. The solenoid appears to be new but may be a cheapy replacement. So today I go to the local auto parts store and ask the rookie counter guy (he's about 30, but has only been doing this for about a month) for a starter solenoid for a 1964 Studebaker. Now guess what his first question was??? "Who made Studebaker?"
    LOL, I love that question! My reply was "Studebaker made Studebaker." I hope I didnt offend him by laughing, but it strikes me funny everytime I am asked that by a parts counter person.

Leave a comment:

• Studedude
    replied
    I do expect you two to dress up as Enos and Daisy Duke. As to which of you wears the tight cut-off jean shorts, perhaps the two of you can flip a coin for it.
    Be very, very careful what you ask for!:

<GG>
    Last edited by Studedude; 07-06-2012, 05:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
    That would complete the look!

Of course you know that Kristi and I will still ride in it, stars or not. But, if you insist on wearing the hat, please don't expect us to dress up like Rosco and Flash......
    Don't be silly, I would never expect you to dress up as Rosco and Flash.....but I do expect you two to dress up as Enos and Daisy Duke. As to which of you wears the tight cut-off jean shorts, perhaps the two of you can flip a coin for it.

Leave a comment:

• Corvanti
    replied
    i'd leave it that way until ready to "seriously" paint her...

Leave a comment:

• gohdes
    replied
    nicely done Brent!

Leave a comment:

• Michidan
    replied
    You just got this car, and are already having too much fun with it. I think that's what it's all about.
    The blue spray can finish looks so nice from this distance, I think you should go ahead and do the rest of the car. Of course MI to MN is quite a distance....

Leave a comment:

• Skinnys Garage
    replied
    What if I were to install a set of bull horns on the hood and if I wore a big white Stetson hat while driving it? Would it be acceptable then?
    That would complete the look!

Of course you know that Kristi and I will still ride in it, stars or not. But, if you insist on wearing the hat, please don't expect us to dress up like Rosco and Flash......

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
    Yes.....unless you don't plan on driving it until next July Fourth!

Actually, now that your all practiced up with the blue, the red should go on pretty nice.
    What if I were to install a set of bull horns on the hood and if I wore a big white Stetson hat while driving it? Would it be acceptable then?

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Although I normally just hate it when someone Ruins a good pair of Super Rare late '64 DISHED headlight Doors, I have to say I am with Matt especially on this Car they do look great.

Maybe since you were a kid at the time we can refrain from slapping you with a wet Stude. Mud Flap, THIS time!

I bought a set when I was in South Bend at Plant 8 Warehouse in 1966 and it must not have been much longer that they ran out. They were very limited Production I think a different Vendor made them and '65's went back to the original design with all of the sharp bends in the inboard corners.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16191[/ATTACH]
    Thanks for pointing that out Rich as I hadnt even noticed a difference in shape nor did I know that they manufactured two types. I just photgraphed the difference between a set of NOS that came installed in the car and my used set that I installed. The difference is very noticeable now.

Leave a comment:

• FlatheadGeo
    replied
    Very creative!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Skinnys Garage
    replied
    ....would it be so wrong if I left it this way?
    Yes.....unless you don't plan on driving it until next July Fourth!

Actually, now that your all practiced up with the blue, the red should go on pretty nice.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Although I normally just hate it when someone Ruins a good pair of Super Rare late '64 DISHED headlight Doors, I have to say I am with Matt especially on this Car they do look great.

Maybe since you were a kid at the time we can refrain from slapping you with a wet Stude. Mud Flap, THIS time!

I bought a set when I was in South Bend at Plant 8 Warehouse in 1966 and it must not have been much longer that they ran out. They were very limited Production I think a different Vendor made them and '65's went back to the original design with all of the sharp bends in the inboard corners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	64V-P8 Blue S.Williams3.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1674783
    Last edited by StudeRich; 07-04-2012, 08:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post

It looks good Brent! Much better than the primer. And I like the blacked out headlight buckets.
    Thanks Matt. I painted those headlight buckets back in 1991 when I was a twenty-year-old using a very rusty 1964 Daytona hardtop as a daily driver. Soon after I parked the rusty car but kept it all this time and am now using said headlight buckets from it, twenty-one years later! It pays to keep junk around.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    That's what Kabchef did to the rear fenders of his Transtar after a blown tire took out one fender.

It looks good Brent! Much better than the primer. And I like the blacked out headlight buckets.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X