Help with a VIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a VIN?

I have to look at a 54 coupe for a customer on Sunday. The seller has given him a VIN/Serial #8358303. Does this sound right?
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yeah - for a Commander
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

A South Bend 54 Commander (5H) started at serial number 8354901. LA at 8836801. Hamilton at 8956751. A Champion (15G) would be G1274001 for South Bend, G927401 for LA and G753301 for Hamilton.

What portion of your fee does the Forum get for authenticating your customer's car? <ggg>
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Actually, that's what it is. The info I was given is: 54 Commander, coupe, V8, OD.

I am only familiar with the Lark-type numbers with a letter in the middle.

Thank you for the prompt reply!
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
          What portion of your fee does the Forum get for authenticating your customer's car? <ggg>
          My undying love and appreciation!

Oh, and a beverage of your choice at SB
          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob A. - You should get a copy of the May 2009 TW. It has the breakdown of all of the S/Ns and body codes for 1946-1966. You could even copy those pages to carry with you. It is much simpler than referring to a bunch of Studebaker manuals.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              My undying love and appreciation!

Oh, and a beverage of your choice at SB
              Would this beverage be for all the forum members? You may be buying a lot if soft drinks and beer.
              sigpic
              55 President Deluxe
              64 Commander
              66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by 2moredoors View Post
                Would this beverage be for all the forum members? You may be buying a lot if soft drinks and beer.
                Read carefully. I said "a beverage of your (the Forum's) choice". Any beverage.

How you all divide that beverage is totally up to you all.

Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Your signature reads a proud non caso. I think it should be drinks for all.
                  sigpic
                  55 President Deluxe
                  64 Commander
                  66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Working...
                  X