2012 Registration packet pickup at host hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Registration packet pickup at host hotel

Given the downtown traffic/parking, will there be some sort of dedicated/temporary parking available at the DoubleTree for people not registered at the DoubleTree who are just going in to pick up their registration packet (as opposed to street, valet or $$$ parking)? Thanks to all concerned, Bob

Bob,

Looking at the Doubletree web site, they do not offer "valet" parking and self park is $9.00 a day. I would think, that SDC would have In/out privileges like other meets I have been to and would be part of your registration packet, whether you are staying there or not! But then I'm using the Glendale, AZ 2010 National meet and the Pacific Southwest Zone meet, last October, in San Diego, as my most recent "models!"

Good Luck!

Comment

Bob,

We are meeting with the host hotel this afternoon to clarify this. As you may know, the hotel changed from the Marriott to Double Tree. In the midst of these changes several things had to be addressed. I will have an answer this evening and will probably start a new thread so people will see the headline and take a look. I know I would be concerned about paying just to get a packet. Although parking is readily available on Sunday, Monday is a different story.

Bob Henning

Comment

Thanks, Bob, for being on top of this issue - your efforts in sorting out the "little things" is appreciated...Bob

Comment

Bob,

If you are picking up your Registration Packet and Goody Bag at the host hotel, and you are not staying at the host hotel:
          1. On Sunday there is plenty of parking all over. Just go into the south entrance to the host hotel, and pick up your packet and Goody Bag.
          2. If you are registering on Monday, you can either find a parking spot on Michigan, and go into the host hotel OR you can park in the garage.
          When you get your packet and Goody Bag at Registration, have your parking ticket validated at that time. It will not cost you to park just to
          get your Registration Packet and Goody Bag and go to the hotel that you are staying at.

If you have specific question, please post it here, or you can email me privately. If you have any questions while you are registering, please see someone
          at the Registration table and we will handle it on an individual basis. This is for stopping and getting your Registration Packet and Goody Bag only.

Comment

I'll be arriving in town late Wednesday afternoon and am not staying at the host hotel. What are my chances of finding a parking space for an extended cab pickup and car trailer on Michigan? I'm sure the parking garage won't work. Is there a hotel entrance area that I could leave my vehicle(s) while I quickly grab my registration packet?
            Randy Ridenour
            Frostburg,MD
            1964 GT Hawk
            sigpic

Comment

Randy,
              Try the south side of the host hotel on Washington St. That is the street between the host hotel and the College Football Hall of Fame. You should be able to get your packet quickly.

Bob

Comment

Bob,

Thanks for the info.
                Randy Ridenour
                Frostburg,MD
                1964 GT Hawk
                sigpic

Comment

How late will packet pickup be available at the host hotel on Sunday evening?
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary,

Registration will be open Sunday from 10-5.

Thanks
                    Bob Henning

Comment

Originally posted by 1961 lark guy View Post
                      Gary,

Registration will be open Sunday from 10-5.

Thanks
                      Bob Henning
                      Thank you for posting this information. I doubt that I will be able to make it by 5 PM on Sunday. I guess that I will get my packet/name tags before going to the Board Meeting on Monday morning.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Will there be free Stude parking in the Century Center lot as in past years?

Comment

Working...
                        X