Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels

Anyone have any idea what a good price to pay for a set (5) of Ford Crown Vic wheels , which have the same bolt pattern as our Studes ?
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Most "Pull" or "Pic" your Part Yards get $5 or $10 each, also Tire Dealers have lots of "take offs" cheap.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Already pulled from the donor----$10 each.
      Jim Barker
      '70' Avanti II

Comment

Good price, but good luck keeping full wheel disks on the Ford rim. My Avanti MOPAR rims hold the disks fine, but the Mercury ones on my '53 will throw them within a block from home at 25mph speeds. There seems to be a slight taper on the rim that my Stude disks don't want to get a hold of... even welded tits on the rims... no help.

Comment

what year is the mopar rims witch model that wil work with disk breakes. i know i need 15 inch rims and a 5 hole bolt patern, i wont to go 225 75 15 ,plus i need a speed rate tire for 125 mph is it the zed ( Z) rated tire i need, will the tires rub when put them on a 1963 avanti. thank you very much, ray i also wont to stay whith stoke hub caps cheers
          Last edited by wise raymond; 07-07-2012, 06:18 PM.
          rawise

Comment

My Friend gave me Crown Vic wheels and they fit a 53. Good Luck with the post ! I Had a friend post some of mine and WOW ! ED

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
              Good price, but good luck keeping full wheel disks on the Ford rim. My Avanti MOPAR rims hold the disks fine, but the Mercury ones on my '53 will throw them within a block from home at 25mph speeds. There seems to be a slight taper on the rim that my Stude disks don't want to get a hold of... even welded tits on the rims... no help.
              I had that same, exact problem after mounting a set of mid 50s Stude wheels on the GT. The hubcaps would not stay on for much over a mile or two, but it only happened on the front. I never figured out why. I switched to 6" Ford wheels and have not lost a hubcap since. I have ran several sets of Ford wheels, and never experienced that. Have not ran Mopar wheels yet.

Comment

Ray ....if you want me to pick up these rims let me know .
                sigpic

Comment

hi Bob are you over to A&W tonight in town if sow i will see you ther ray thanks
                  rawise

Comment

Yes we plan to go ...see you there
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X