Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Bob K.,
    I have 3 words for you.....Illigitimi Non Carborundrum

Keep your eye out for a package on or before 7/13/2012....just a token.

Bob A.,
    Whatever experiences you have, or have not, had with Bob K. have no bearing on my perspective. I shared my perspective, and I stand by it.
    Thanks for the reminder why I all but stopped coming here.

PS: Skip has done me a solid before on a much needed piece of glass and window guide and SS trim, not to mention all of my registration paperwork. Thanks to tons of folks for alot of new and used parts and knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
      Sadly, the number of 60 Lincoln Town Cars is down to nil anymore.
      There were only 136 built to start with. That makes most Studebakers and even Packard Hawks (at 588) almost common.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        There were only 136 built to start with. That makes most Studebakers and even Packard Hawks (at 588) almost common.
        Is that figure for the one with the partition? Seems to me they were availible with, and without it.

Craig

Comment

Those 60 Lincolns are nice , I have a steering wheel off of one of them cars in my Stude now . I change steering wheels as many times as i change my undies .

Comment

I have Tweety floor mats too . ( rolling eyes smiley here ) .

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              Is that figure for the one with the partition? Seems to me they were availible with, and without it.

Craig
              The referenced Town Car is a formal sedan (without a divider) - 136 built. The Limousine had a divider - 34 built.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by aarrggh View Post
                Those 60 Lincolns are nice , I have a steering wheel off of one of them cars in my Stude now . I change steering wheels as many times as i change my undies .

]
                I believe that a 1960 Lincoln would have a steering wheel without those grip sections and with a horn ring that extends around the bottom. Other than that, it looks like one. Maybe it is from a 1958 or 1959. I spent a lot of time in a 1959, but do not remember the steering wheel.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The wheel did have a horn ring around the lower part , but it was split so i carefully removed it with a file . .
                  The car doesnt have a horn anyways . I just stick my head out the window and yell " beep beep " if needed . .

Comment

AHA! So what you really need is Road Runner floor mats!

To tell the truth about that Lincoln, I'm not SURE at this point if itr was a 60 or a 59. Wish I had taken photos of it. I did save the horn emblem from it and it's in my display of brand X buttons. I can say it's one honkin' (unintended pun) piece of metal and plastic. I think the only button I have that's larger is one from a Hudson.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                      Originally Posted by doug
                      In probably 30 years, I never met the ornery or cantankerous Mr. Kabchef

With all due respect, I must disagree, Rich. He is some of both... and, I mean that in the best possible way!

You can see it in his eyes. <G>

I enjoy having several items in my man-cave that Bob has sent to me over the years, just because he wanted to share.

Thanks, Bob!
                      Well said Dave. If he wasn't a little bit cantankerous he wouldn't be any fun.
                      We used to communicate on the old alt.autos.studebaker some before we met for the first time. In 2002 Wife and I had flown to San Jose to pick up the Avanti I had bought in Castro Valley. Bob Peterson was storing it for me. I suggested that we could swing by Visalia and see Bob K when we left the Bay Area, but Bob P told me that Bob K was coming up to meet us at Castro Valley and he did of course driving Pete.
                      A year later when we were in California on our Potomac Chapter Route 66 trip guess who met us near Barstow (thumbnail below). He then drove with us all the way to Victorville alternately running with us or going ahead to shoot video of us. At Victorville he presented us all with golden California leis which he admitted he made from his wife's Christmas garlands.
                      Many of you know how talented a writer he is. In fact I got a poem in my email from him on 7/2. I'd post it but he probably would prefer that I not do so.
                      Attached Files
                      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

To tell the truth about that Lincoln, I'm not SURE at this point if itr was a 60 or a 59. Wish I had taken photos of it. I did save the horn emblem from it and it's in my display of brand X buttons. I can say it's one honkin' (unintended pun) piece of metal and plastic. I think the only button I have that's larger is one from a Hudson.

The 1959 and 1960 Continentals are almost identical. The front and rear (light treatment) is different on a 1958.

EDIT: I am not at home or I would post the production numbers for the 1959, also.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

To tell the truth about that Lincoln, I'm not SURE at this point if itr was a 60 or a 59. Wish I had taken photos of it
                          Do you remember if it said 'Mark IV' or 'Mark V' after the Continental? And were the instruments housed in four individual round pods; or behind a large flat clear piece of plastic that is usually cracked down the middle? That would determine the year.

Craig

Comment

Love the Tweety Bird floor mats!!!
                            1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X