Studebakerdom: You Learn Something New Every Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakerdom: You Learn Something New Every Day

Check out the dealer tag on the tailgate of this e-bay offering in southern Indiana:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item3f19775ac3

Now, for all the time I spent at Childers Studebaker as a 17-year-old,

and I mean a LOT of time, I had never before today, 49 years later almost to the day, seen one of these dealer tags!

Unbelievable: An excellent example of why one should never assert that something was or was not done; I'da bet a few dollars Childers never had dealer tags! BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 07-02-2012, 06:00 PM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Looks like the body tag streamer says AIR COND. With the mounting hole in the wrong end. Or more likely: the blank with hole oriented the wrong way inserted in the stamping machine.
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Love the tailpipe

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
        Love the tailpipe

That's just to drain the water out of those (formerly) sealed up quarter panels.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

To: kurtruk,-----The 'streamer' on My Stude is installed that same way.

Comment

Working...
          X