Fair Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wise observations, John.
    It took me 3 years to pry my Packard Hawk away from the former owner. I contacted him after spotting the car among a yard full of Studes and he flatly stated that it was not for sale.
    First he sold me all of his Studebakers, then all of his parts, and then one day out of the clear blue, he called me to come & get the Packard.
    Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rieffs 019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1674747Click image for larger version

Name:	rieffs 012.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1674748Click image for larger version

Name:	rieffs 020.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1674749 If memory serves me correctly, the California Auto Museum sold this rough 58 PH on e-bay about a year ago for $12K. They claimed it was rare because it has a manual transmission. It ran but was totally cosmetically challenged.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Thats weird, Barry's AD has to be the first I have ever seen without Pictures of the CAR!

I have seen them before with not enough full car Pics, (it only takes TWO, the left front and right rear, to show all 4 sides) mostly close ups of the detail pieces, but never with none.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Looks like it did not make reserve. Stalled at $23,700.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

$1500. - why is because I cannot see the car. No personal intent in my comments.

Comment

Hi,

Realistically, not running, if it needs everything and of it is all there and the engine is salvageable but not seized up, a fair unemotional price would be somewhere between $3K and $5K. If you've got a good interior and not too much rot but still need to restore the engine and chassis - $10K is the limit. A clean survivor with good paint, exterior, engine and no rust - $12K to $20K. A full frame-off, pristine and correct $30K to $45K.
              Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
              Kenmore, Washington
              hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
              '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
              '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
              '69 Pontiac Firebird
              (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

I have seen quality restored examples sell for far more than that, but today's market is very soft, as we saw last night. I don't expect things to get better anytime soon, either..
                Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                  If you really want this car and the owner refuses to sell it now, it might make good relations (between the two of you) if you would offer to help him repair a few items in order to make it a driver again. I'm sure he would appreciate it and may consider selling to you at a later date.
                  I'm all over it. I'm trying to help with the brake problem now.

Comment

I found it stashed behind some buildings, tracked down the owner and started a conversation. We talked a little about the car and alot about the owner and his life adventures. I didn't even ask about purchasing because I don't know what to offer.
                    Originally posted by 5859 View Post
                    If it is not for sale, why are you looking at it, or a better question would be why are they letting you look at it?

Comment

"If you and the current owner come to an agreement...grab it and don't look back!" Thanks Mr. Clary. I will.

Comment

Working...
                      X