Where Were The Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Were The Studebakers

Just got back from a vacation at Mytrle Beach in South Carolina. In the week I was their and the 11 hour drive both ways(Sw Ohio)' I never saw one Studebaker . Were they all in hiding?
    Randy Wilkin
    1946 M5 Streetrod
    Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Myrtle Beach South Carolina? No wonder we only have 134 SDC members in that State, there are (4) in Myrtle Beach and one of them has a '55 and a '56 Packard, not very good chances.

You need to go to a SDC Zone Meet in your area or an Annual International Meet to see a good verity of Studes.

In the larger areas with more Cars on the West Coast, where you can actually drive them year around you will see them on the road.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I guess thats a good reason! Actually , I saw few muscle cars or streetrods at all. I saw 1- 69 z28 Camaro and went to a car collector in area and saw hemis and big block GMs. Also saw a 69 383 gts Dart that was a exact match to one I owned other than it had turn signal indicators on fenders that mine never had. Its funny to me that I can go thru the little town I live in and see more muscle cars and Studebakers than I find on a trip to a larger area. I do plan to go to South bend meet .
      Randy Wilkin
      1946 M5 Streetrod
      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Too many complain of the heat and not having air conditioning in their old cars. That didnt stop me from driving my 1964 Daytona convertible to work four days this past week, with the top down of course.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
          Too many complain of the heat and not having air conditioning in their old cars. That didnt stop me from driving my 1964 Daytona convertible to work four days this past week, with the top down of course.
          Milaca same goes here the air works as good in my colored Stude with windows down as it does on my Bike, sitting still its HOT moving its just WARM!!!! Big difference between the two temps. LOL
          Tom
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X