• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan and the Studebakers

Click image for larger version

Name:	2R5.3 019.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1736069I got a call today from a friend that told me there was a car show in Davis tonight. He said a band by the name of Jan and the Studebakers would be playing. I had to go.

Counting mine there were two Studebakers there, both bullet noses. When I took a look at the banner behind the band, lo and behold it had a yellow bullet nose on it. Needless to say, when I drove up in mine, they ushered me to the parking spot in front of the band.

After the break, I had the band gather round my car for a photo shoot. They loved it. I hope to see their pictures on their web site soon. They asked me if they could get together for a more professional shoot at a later date when they could dress up in their 50s garb.

The licence plate on the 50 Bullet nose says "L Stude", L being roman numeral for 50.
    Attached Files
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

That's cool! You'll have to post links to the band's page when the pics show up.

I wonder how many people see the "L STUDE" plates and tell their friends "That's a Model L Studebaker! My Great uncle used to have one, except it had the moving headlight in the middle."
    '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Neat story, Jon; congrats. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Excellent, if you hear about them playing car shows in the future let me know and we will come represent with you.
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
        X