Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Made in Canada meet (www.ontariosdc.ca)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Made in Canada meet (www.ontariosdc.ca)

I just arrived at 8:00 tonight in Belleville. Drove Bert, my 55 Commander shown.

Lots of nice cars. I will take some pics tomorrow (Saturday), show day.

Originally posted by 55s View Post
    I just arrived at 8:00 tonight in Belleville. Drove Bert, my 55 Commander shown.

Lots of nice cars. I will take some pics tomorrow (Saturday), show day.
    Kool! I have a '53 Coupe that was "Made in Canada" !

Comment

I was there on Saturday and they had over 70 Studes in attendace,including 14 Avantis.The biggest surprise was that Denton Wright from Burlington had his 1933 Studebaker President coupe there. A very rare car and a very rare appearance for Denton Wright.This car was made in Canada. A very good show

Comment

I had a great time! Will posts some pictures soon. My two old friends found the show and were glad they came. "My uncle had Studebakers" - Wayne "I've never seen such a gorgeous car" - Garth at his first glimpse of an Avanti. 80 years on the farm and never saw an Avanti (lol). Then he sees a row of 'em
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1674766Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1674765Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1674764Click image for larger version

Name:	017.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1674763Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1674762Click image for larger version

Name:	027.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1674761Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1674760Click image for larger version

Name:	026.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1674759Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1674758OK. Picture timeClick image for larger version

Name:	025.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1674757 I missed a couple of sweeties, the 33 Presidant and the 37 coupe. Anybody get a pic?

Comment

Ya Dave it was fun, sorry I didn't get to talk to you....was busy parking cars

I'm sure Steve Tourney will post some pictures...he always takes lots of them

Glad you enjoyed it,

Paul....attach your chrome, the duck tape won't last forever.

Bill
            Bill Foy
            1000 Islands, Ontario
            1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Bert (my 55 Commander) developed several rattles on that trip, because I escaped the highway by going along some pretty rough roads.

It surprised me that ALL of the nuts were missing off that side chrome piece except for the two that attach it to the centre grille. I'm going to use some lock tight next time as well as the lock washers.

Comment

A local car guy in Belleville has started a website. He covers most car events in the region. Here is his website report on the Studebaker Made in Canada event.
                http://quintecar.ca/?page_id=2158

Peter Sant

Comment

Yep, I photographed the '33 and '37 Prez coupes...the '33 was the second '33 Speedway President I'd seen that week (the Carters' Prez convertible having turned up at the weekly Gateway Niagara cruise on the preceding Tuesday). I'm having a lot of trouble, uncharacteristically, with Photobucket right now and have quit trying to upload pix for the moment...have to go to work shortly. The two prewar Presidents are visible in one of my bird's-eye view shots on the other SMIC thread, for now...

What a terrific event, very glad I chose to go.

S.

Comment

Great to see you there, Steve. You can load to this site directly from your computer if you disable a filter or two, first. I followed the instructions at the top of the forum home page and once my computer was set up right, I can post quite a few at a time. Wish I could have stayed for the banquet, but I had to check out a farm or two (lol). My 55 was in the wrong category for judging, but the lady at the registration desk was a volunteer, she was so nice, and I didn't come for the prizes, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X