Stock Wheel Covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Wheel Covers?

My '64 Cruiser came with the pictured wheel covers; however, every picture I've seen of other Cruisers shows the center painted black around the logo. I want to keep the car as factory stock as possible, so before I do some touch-up, was there any other color but black? As always, thanks for your wisdom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheel Cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1736067
    Sue

The color around the center S should be black.

Comment

They will look like this:

Comment

Somebody's custom touch I suppose. I like the Studes to be original, but it's fun to add some custom/personal touches to our cars too. It would look nice if the area left of the 'S' would be red and the opposite side were to be blue. Then as the wheels are spinning on the highway, the color will look purple!
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Also do not pay any attention to the nice Cruiser shown, as far as the nice looking Red, White & Blue modification to the "8" Emblem, many things like this actually look better than original but of course are not correct.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The wheels that still have all the red paint do look good, but I'll switch back to black. (Though I briefly considered your purple suggestion, Milaca ).

While I'm asking questions, my "8" trim on the fender has the 8 painted red, with black on either side. Is that correct?
            Sue

Comment

The wheels were off-white Tusk Ivory (beige) the "8"'s were off-white in the recesses and chrome on the 8.

It sounds like someone has had some fun with this Car "personalizing" it!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks Rich, gotta find some pictures to study.
                Sue

Comment

Working...
                X