X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studeclunker
    replied
    Originally posted by sals54 View Post
    Don't worry Ron, I'm not considering selling any parts off this car. I wouldn't want to suffer the wrath that you may or may not bring down on me.
    LOL!!

I was just thinking that perhaps my moulding parts could be used to CNC new ones.
    Wonderful idea! Trick is, getting them off untweaked and in one piece.

Leave a comment:

• fatboylust
    replied
    Here are a couple of previous posts on reproducing unatainium. If sals54 could use his example to create a pattern maybe ST2DE5 could use it to cast a replacement with help of a friend or two.
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...iner-Belt-line
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...peller-Project

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Don't worry Ron, I'm not considering selling any parts off this car. I wouldn't want to suffer the wrath that you may or may not bring down on me. I was just thinking that perhaps my moulding parts could be used to CNC new ones.

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Well... I for one like the look of the car without the fins as much as with. In fact, I was considering pulling them off Bess as well. Still... If one has gone to the trouble to put them (the fins that is) back together, might as well put them on. Still, when you put them on is entirely up to you. I'd box them up good and safe, along with the trim I do have, and put some sealer in the holes for now, then drive the car as is. But then, my ego can survive a car that isn't exactly perfect. It's highly likely that you will find the pieces later. In fact, you can even paint over urthane sealer. Don't weld over the holes. Burning bridges is never a wise proposition.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    The cap on the front is the one I need for the drivers side. In the book it is 2504-148-2 1312671

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Sal, you sell parts off that wagon and I will come down there and SHOOT you! I'll leave you to guess with what and where! Grrr... grrr... grrr...

Just kidding. Well... may... be.

Are you missing this part:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	S6300672.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1674714

Or this part:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	S6300673.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1674715

As you can see, the trim at the base of the fin is painted. The cap at the front of the fin is chromed and painted.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    sals54 YES it is the chrome pieces in front of the fin.

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    56 Parkview side trim??

Is it like any of this trim?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Are there any of those among Torrey Kirby's cars? BP

Leave a comment:

• Noxnabaker
    replied
    Yep, every time I've been driving a car that's missing something someone has turned up & said "I've gotta friend who has that laying, I'll ask him 'bout it if you want!" or something similar!

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Finishing the car and leaving the places for the trim makes sense. After you are driving the car, someone will notice the missing pieces and tell you about some that are available.
    Years ago, when I was looking for an upper grille bar for my 52, I had just about given up hope. Then one day a member found a partial dealers stock that had an NOS 52 grille. You just never know.

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    That's where artistry comes into play.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Purdy
    replied
    How do you make a mold out of something you don't have? The car was hit in the left rear and the fin and chrome piece were broke all to pieces. I repaired the fin already.

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    Make something up. Modeling clay, carve a plaster mold, make the part out of fiberglass, have it faux chrome painted.

Leave a comment:

• FlatheadGeo
    replied
    What SN suggests. Just tell people the pieces are being re-chromed!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X