swap meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swap meet

is the swap meet worth going to? if so, what would be the best day to go? this will be my first time and i am looking for parts to my 53 studebaker truck.
    thanks, ron

I don't know how anyone can tell you if it will be "worth going to". If you find parts that you need, then it is worth going to. I would suggest going earlier in the week for the best selection.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

There are 72 vendors signed up for the International.

Comment

In my experience, the swap meet is worth going to even if you don't find the parts on your list. It's a live technical symposium, populated with all the knowledge of the marque of our hobby. If your parts aren't there, someone knows where they are, or knows who to contact. If I had to choose between the show or the swap, I would opt for the swap. Participants are there to share, not impress.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I guess that if you found the part(s) you're looking for, then the trip is worth it. That's the way I look at it. As a matter of fact, I always find something that I need.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

South Bend always has a large swap meet, may it be a national meet or the May meet. Even if you don't have anything specific to look for, it's still definately worth checking out. I predict it will be bigger than the swap area in Springfield last year.
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

thanks for the reply. i think that i seen that the swap meet starts at noon on sunday, so i will try and be there before then.

Comment

Actually vendors like myself will be allowed to start setting up starting at noon Sunday according to the meet book, unless prior arrangements for earlier setup have been made. So you may be disappointed on Sunday.
                Originally posted by teamronnie1 View Post
                thanks for the reply. i think that i seen that the swap meet starts at noon on sunday, so i will try and be there before then.
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

swap meet

is there a map of the swap meet area, or a list of vendors and where their sopt may be?
                  thanks, ron

Comment

Ronnie,
                    Come first thing Monday morning at 8 am, you will be more productive in finding the parts you are looking for. There will be a list of vendors, by name, in the Registration Area on the north side of the Singer Building.

Bob H.

Comment

Working...
                    X