Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a 4-speed R2 Avanti for $12500 on Ebay??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 4-speed R2 Avanti for $12500 on Ebay??

Not totally stock and poorly listed but might be just what someone is looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-...item3f1940ff0e

Bob

To: sweetolbob,------AGREED! If I didn't already own one....I'd buy that car! (ASK THE MAN THAT OWNS ONE!)

Comment

Holy Cow; look at the dates on that Build Sheet: August 1962 and it was built for South Bend stock, not even a dealer order! OUCH! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Anybody want to buy it, less the engine, trans and driveshaft ?

Comment

To: Flashback,-------It would be kind of a shame to break that car up. (In My opinion)

Comment

63R-1081. 80th Avanti built.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
              63R-1081. 80th Avanti built.
              Why wouldn't it be the 81st? Isn't 1001 the first Avanti - the one being restored in the Northwest? Of course, I am not counting the earlier prototypes that were latter numbered.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Holy Cow; look at the dates on that Build Sheet: August 1962 and it was built for South Bend stock, not even a dealer order! OUCH! BP
                I see that it was shipped to a Studebaker lot, but it did have the seat belts factory installed. This leads me to believe that the Avnati was for someone in Studebaker. The equipment is also not consistent with Avantis built for stock.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

link says it sold for $8500.................I think this car was at the National held in Glendale for 12500..................kept hearing a saying go thru my head "nothing more expensive then a cheap avanti".............that and the fact I wouldn't have a place to sleep if I bought it kept me from taking it seriously.
                  Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  I see that it was shipped to a Studebaker lot, but it did have the seat belts factory installed. This leads me to believe that the Avnati was for someone in Studebaker. The equipment is also not consistent with Avantis built for stock.

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
                  53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
                  57 SH (project)
                  60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Working...
                  X