No announcement yet.

Restoration Shop brand acrylic urethane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweetolbob Omni is still available I use it a lot for a cheap paint. Trick with their single stage is don't thin it out much and don't lay it down to wet or heavy or it will hit the floor. Other than that I like it. Still miss the old heavy bodied paints of yesterday but they didn't hold up as good. I may have to try some of this restoration shop stuff on something.

Comment

Sorry I've never posted the finished product, here you goClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3853.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1683435
      Attached Files

Comment

that is one beautiful car. I hope my 55 Champion turns out half that nice looking. Lee

Comment

Mark,

I am very glad the Restoration Shop paint worked well for you. That is what I am going with on my 1955 sedan. The paint matched the paint chip perfectly. I am also going with the acrylic urethane single stage.

Charlie D.

Comment

Originally posted by 50Ragtop View Post
            Sorry I've never posted the finished product, here you go[ATTACH=CONFIG]27027[/ATTACH]
            Nice paint work!...Looks like a brand new Studebaker!

Comment

Nice job... Change the bottom color to yellow and its the one I grew up with and took to college.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                Ya Sure.... I knew it couldn't be THAT easy. Look at the list of cars they have colors for in 1950-1978 range. Try 1965 or 1966 and you'll see Plymouth, Peugeot, Volkswagen, etc. They even show Simca and Wolseley, for crying out loud, but Studebaker? Nope. Forget it, too weird, too esoteric - never heard of 'em making cars after 1964.
                "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

That is one great looking '55 sedan. You have certainly do a great job.

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Ya Sure.... I knew it couldn't be THAT easy. Look at the list of cars they have colors for in 1950-1978 range. Try 1965 or 1966 and you'll see Plymouth, Peugeot, Volkswagen, etc. They even show Simca and Wolseley, for crying out loud, but Studebaker? Nope. Forget it, too weird, too esoteric - never heard of 'em making cars after 1964.
                  This is not the only company that stops Studebaker paint colors at 1964. I cannot find Laurentine Green for my '65 Cruiser.
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                  X