I'm a newby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a newby!

Hi All. I'm excited to get to know some of you and to have a resource of experts to consult. Looking forward to it! Chad
    sigpic
    CW

Welcome aboard, Chad.

Did you just acquire a Studebaker, or are you a long-time owner who just found this internet nuthouse? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey. Thanks. I'm new to the internet nuthouse! I have a 63 Lark sedan...."Rosie". Nothing fancy, but have moderately restored it and she looks really nice. I have had her for about 10 years now. I see you are from Brownsburg....just a couple of miles away. What do you have?
      sigpic
      CW

Comment

Cool, Chad; I didn't even notice the address!

'Don't think I've seen your Rose Mist '63 Lark out and about.

Why not bring it to one of the impromptu Saturday night cruise-ins at The Brownsburg K-Mart parking lot? I may see you there with one of my three 1964 Daytonas...or, on occasion, a different Brand-X collector car with which they share the garage. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Chad.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Welcome to the "madness that be us" from all of the Aussies on the forum.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Welcome, Chad. I'm a newby, too and you'll find the folks here to be very helpful. I've already learned a lot in just a few weeks.
              Sue

Comment

Hey Chad! Welcome to the Forum! I've got a '63 too, that started as Rose Mist Maybe again one day...

Glad to have you here. Ask lots of questions and post pix!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Glad to have you around. Welcome...Mike
                  Mike
                  Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

Chad, welcome to the forum from the west coast, I also have a 63 Standard 2 door, one of my many nice Studebakers, again welcome and might see you in South Bend in July if BP can get you in the right direction. ( he is pretty good at that and you might really enjoy on of their get togethers )....Bob
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Welcome to the forum, a picture of Ms Rosie would be a great start.

Dick

Dick
                      Mountain Home, AR
                      http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

Chad welcom. you will never find a better group of nuts...and bolts than here....
                        I have found that the only stupid question I have is the one I didn't ask...ask here. there is a group (wisdom?) think here that will solve and ridicule your problem. all in good fun.R
                        64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
                        Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

Comment

You've stumbled on a real gem of a Forum, Chad. These people will save your sanity in regards to that Studebaker of yours. They will tell you where to get parts, literature and self-help manuals. Do you know that the original shop manuals are all available for your car? They're available at a reasonable cost from Studebaker International. If you don't have them I strongly advise you to get the set. Whatever isn't in the manual, believe me, is available from this excellent and very helpful forum group! Check out the Technical forum as well. Very, very helpful in those unique Studebaker moments.

Welcome to the Forum Chad. Don't forget to join the club as well. It's a really good value for the pennies it costs.
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Howdy Chad,

You will certainly find a lot of '63 Larks here. I've recently got one myself that has become my daily driver. (Mine started life as a Silver Mist in color, but that's long since changed!) The cool thing about this site is that if you can't find something, there are piles of people who most likely have it. A few folks on this site literally have their own Studebaker salvage yards.

I think a the folks above have largely forgotten to mention that as a whole, we love pictures here. The more the better
                            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Working...
                            X