Studebaker Made in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Made in Canada

Just reminder that the Ontario Chapter's "Studebaker Made in Canada" big meet is in Belleville Ontario this weekend. If you haven't made plans yet to attend please consider it, even if you only come for the day on Saturday. Belleville is a beautiful community on Lake Ontario and you will have an opportunity to meet with former Studebaker employees and dealers.
    Stu Chapman

You read my mind, Stu. I'm vacuuming the car and heading out in the weee hours on Saturday. A couple of millionaire beef farmers have offered to host me Saturday night. Looks like a great week end coming. See you there.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Sleeping at McDonald's?
      I didn't think they'd let you do that....

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
      <snip>
      A couple of millionaire beef farmers have offered to host me Saturday night.
      <snip>
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

LOL. I met these two gents in an airport waiting for an Acapulco flight. Seen them every year for the last ten years. I promised to buy a freezer order and they live 20 minutes from Belleville! Studes and steaks!

Comment

If they were going to Acapolco , they'd be drug dealers not beef dealers <g>
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Actually, I've been going to Acapulco for 15 years and never had a problem. These boys are in their 80s and their wives let them spend every January down there. The only drug I know of that would interest these guys is Viagara. They've earned their fun.

Comment

Let it never be said we in SDC can't do thread drift well...hee hee hee!

All going well I'll be heading to Belleville at the wheel of the Lark in the predawn hours Friday, with John Thompson (recently-joined Hamilton Chapter member, shopping for a '64 Stude) riding shotgun...will be manning the Chapter table Fri-Sat and heading home Sat evening. Looking forward to a good event.

S.

Comment

I guess it's time to join a chapter. I'll look for your table, Steve.

Comment

Dave--

Roger that...cool! (And I'm sure both Chapters will have tables, so why stop at one chapter when you can join two!)

S.

Comment

We have over 60 cars registered with commitment from an addional 20 to 30 cars on show day, not including late comers.
                    The venue is excellent....right on the water...good shade...good people.
                    I'm heading down thursday morning to help set things up.

See you there

Bill
                    Bill Foy
                    1000 Islands, Ontario
                    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

I am flying down (not in a Hawk!) from Manitoba on Friday. Looking forward to see some great cars. My 1964 Daytona, which was bought from Capital Motor Sales in Kingston is still not ready. It's been a 7-year project.

T-Cab

Comment

Anybody know if Roy Graham will be there? He's pretty close. Would be great to see Roy, again. He was really helpful when I was putting my car together.

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                          Anybody know if Roy Graham will be there? He's pretty close. Would be great to see Roy, again. He was really helpful when I was putting my car together.
                          Yes...Roy is planning on attending Dave.
                          Stu Chapman

Comment

Just got home, it was certainly a great meet.....excellent location, food and weather... 70 + cars and trucks....

Thanks to all the folks who made it through the clear skys and hot temperatures to attend

See you in South Bend

Bill
                            Bill Foy
                            1000 Islands, Ontario
                            1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Was wondering...did all of the made in Canada Studebakers have the gold Maple Leaf logo on the dash?

Comment

Working...
                              X