Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bams50
    replied
    I'm drawing a blank on what show it was, but when they came back from commercial for the last 3 or 4 min. segment, they would alwys start the scene by showing: EPILOGUE. Maybe it was Wild, Wild West...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by bams50

BTW- you're dating yourself with the use of the term, "epilogue"...
    I'm also spelling it wrong (In a Pistine sort of way)

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by bams50

BTW- you're dating yourself with the use of the term, "epilogue"...
    I'm also spelling it wrong (In a Pistine sort of way)

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    We're all waiting to see what the next specimen will be for S.M.A.R.T.-

Steinkamp's Museum Auto Resale and Tuning...

or is it D.R.A.T.-

Dick's Resale Auto and Tuning...

BTW- you're dating yourself with the use of the term, "epilogue"... that's how they used to wrap up shows when I was a kid!

Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    We're all waiting to see what the next specimen will be for S.M.A.R.T.-

Steinkamp's Museum Auto Resale and Tuning...

or is it D.R.A.T.-

Dick's Resale Auto and Tuning...

BTW- you're dating yourself with the use of the term, "epilogue"... that's how they used to wrap up shows when I was a kid!

Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I somehow feel better about that Hawk being off the road and in a secure spot. Truly a perfect specimen, which is a bulleye for every dork on the highway!

Gramps :-)

Western Washington, USA

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I somehow feel better about that Hawk being off the road and in a secure spot. Truly a perfect specimen, which is a bulleye for every dork on the highway!

Gramps :-)

Western Washington, USA

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    I don't think a 4 barrel would have added much to the resale, especially to a museum, it's the R2 option that drives the bids. Even a just a nice R2 Lark would bring higher bids then your exceptional GT and over 50K for trailer queen R2's is now the new standard. I'll test that market when I put together the 64 R2 GT have have coming with a 11K paint job. In my case, I didn't have to pay the 28K the PO had in the car, but I may spend 5 more and a couple 100 hours to finish it.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    64 GT R2
    63 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    I don't think a 4 barrel would have added much to the resale, especially to a museum, it's the R2 option that drives the bids. Even a just a nice R2 Lark would bring higher bids then your exceptional GT and over 50K for trailer queen R2's is now the new standard. I'll test that market when I put together the 64 R2 GT have have coming with a 11K paint job. In my case, I didn't have to pay the 28K the PO had in the car, but I may spend 5 more and a couple 100 hours to finish it.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    64 GT R2
    63 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Hi, Dick,

Beautiful car for the money. To get an average GT into that condition would be much more than the sale price, However, the market is always correct, so it sold for what it was worth in this time and place. As JDP's long experience and advice indicates, only the rare and flashy Studebakers bring any real money. My guess is if it had the 4-bbl, it would have added another $2k to the price; with the R1, another $5k and if it were a Super Hawk, another $10-15k.

thnx, jv.

PackardV8

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Hi, Dick,

Beautiful car for the money. To get an average GT into that condition would be much more than the sale price, However, the market is always correct, so it sold for what it was worth in this time and place. As JDP's long experience and advice indicates, only the rare and flashy Studebakers bring any real money. My guess is if it had the 4-bbl, it would have added another $2k to the price; with the R1, another $5k and if it were a Super Hawk, another $10-15k.

thnx, jv.

PackardV8

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

The Hawk is going to a museum in Winnipeg.

The buyer owned the Studebaker Dealership in Winnipeg from 1960 until 1966. It was called Kustom Studebaker. He sold about 200 Studebakers per year. He was a great guy to talk to on the phone today. Told me stories about picking up new Studes at the Hamilton plant and where he was and what he was doing when he heard on the radio that Studebaker was going out of the car biz.

Damn! That's so awesome to hear, Dick!! I lived in Winnipeg from '64 to '67, and remember lots of Studebakers that were sold by Kustom Motors. My mom was still driving her '50 Champion 4 door back then (it came with us from Edmonton). Its great to know the proprietor is still around and above all, still loves Studebakers!![8D]

Craig

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

The Hawk is going to a museum in Winnipeg.

The buyer owned the Studebaker Dealership in Winnipeg from 1960 until 1966. It was called Kustom Studebaker. He sold about 200 Studebakers per year. He was a great guy to talk to on the phone today. Told me stories about picking up new Studes at the Hamilton plant and where he was and what he was doing when he heard on the radio that Studebaker was going out of the car biz.

Damn! That's so awesome to hear, Dick!! I lived in Winnipeg from '64 to '67, and remember lots of Studebakers that were sold by Kustom Motors. My mom was still driving her '50 Champion 4 door back then (it came with us from Edmonton). Its great to know the proprietor is still around and above all, still loves Studebakers!![8D]

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Scott
    I saw the selling price and I have to say that although it's a lot more than usually seen for Studebakers, it makes me sick to think a car like that can sell for only as much as a 1957 Chevy cobbled together with whatever's handy and an average paint job.
    I'd agree that Studebakers are still bargains. My buyer just bought this Pontiac for his museum...

It's a VERY nice Pontiac, but is an equally nice Studebaker only worth half the money? The answer is yes...the market is what it is. That's probably more good news to us than bad news, however.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Scott
    I saw the selling price and I have to say that although it's a lot more than usually seen for Studebakers, it makes me sick to think a car like that can sell for only as much as a 1957 Chevy cobbled together with whatever's handy and an average paint job.
    I'd agree that Studebakers are still bargains. My buyer just bought this Pontiac for his museum...

It's a VERY nice Pontiac, but is an equally nice Studebaker only worth half the money? The answer is yes...the market is what it is. That's probably more good news to us than bad news, however.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X