Anybody know anything about this '52?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know anything about this '52?

Found this on the H.A.M.B. and found it interesting. The folks there recognized it as a '52, but were curious, as am I, about the custom pieces on the car.

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Those small headlights make it look odd, sorta Henry J ish. I'd sure like to see the back of it. You'd think it would run hot with those bags in front of the grilles and being in a parade.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I too would like to see the back of the car, unfortunately this is the only angle that was shown on the H.A.M.B.. There was a note that said the photo was taken in New Orleans in 1954.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

How about those wheelcovers, and what's that thing hanging off the 1/4 panel?

Comment

That really IS strange, don't those look like 2 more '52 Convertibles behind it? I would think they were new cars from a dealer in 1952, not 1954.

Maybe the first one is an experimental Electric Powered Stude. no overheating problems!
          The back of the rear fenders look like they have several " tube type" round tail lights sticking out of them, rifles on the sides and some kind of mod on the bottom of the doors also.

It looks like something Raymond Lowey would have come up with!
          Last edited by StudeRich; 06-24-2012, 08:33 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Kind of over the top modifications for sure. The guy riding on the back sort of resembles Bob Hope.
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

tried to crop and enlarge the photo to read the door sign without luck, except the top script may be "Skip". First thought was a mayor & family, but in New Orleans, could be a jazzman. The following cars do look like stock Studes. Perhaps someone has a better program to sharpen pics.

Comment

Those are winterfronts, it was an unusually cold day.

Comment

Working...
                X