Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greenville, PA car show, Sat. July 7, 2-7 p.m. (psst, show up earlier though!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenville, PA car show, Sat. July 7, 2-7 p.m. (psst, show up earlier though!)

It's part of "Heritage Days". This is my hometown and I plan on having my '66 there. The town is a rural town of about 6,000, with an old-fashioned Main St. It is located in NW PA, between Pittsburgh and Erie and roughly 25 miles from Youngstown, OH, and is the hometown of Thiel College. The town is about 15 miles north of I-80 and probably the same number of miles west of I-79. There is a smallish museum about trains on Main St. with relics of the Bessemer and Lake Erie railroad, which was headquartered in town...the museum is located right behind the old Erie-Lackawanna passenger station and behind a huge old train steam engine on display. The 1913 Empire automobile owned by the local Historical Society, which was built in town, will be on display at the Historical Society museum there on Main St. as well.

The old Studebaker dealer building is still present a block-and-a-half from Main St. too.

I'd love to see some other Studes besides mine.

If you have any questions, ask here or shoot me a private message!

I was told there were nearly 400 cars last year, and the show was expanded eastward by a couple blocks.

Thanks for reading this far!
    Last edited by Bill Pressler; 06-24-2012, 04:50 AM.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Here's a link from a previous Greenville car show, with pics:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...nville%2C+show
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
      Here's a link from a previous Greenville car show, with pics:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...nville%2C+show
      Bumping up.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Bill, I have been wanting to make it to that show since I first heard about it a couple of years ago, It would be a nice trip for us plus I love the " Main Street" type cruises/ shows. We would be there for sure but already committed to the Goodguys in Columbus that weekend, it will be my first time there also.

Comment

Hi Bill, I've also been wanting to see that show since I heard about it from you a few years back. Don't know yet if I can make it this year or not. Also, I am about halfway through an extensive brake job on the '54 that's taking a lot longer than I expected. If by some miracle I can get the car done in time and get there, I'm sure it will be fun. I'd like to see Filer's sometime too.

Dave Bonn
          '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Bill,

I *should* be there with my friends... whether I drive my 40 or not depends if I get my paperwork in time to get a temp plate!!! She isn't pretty right now, but she runs!!! I bought 2 40 commanders from Sam Ensley and between those 2 and my 40 and 49 commanders, I will have 2 very nicely restored 40 commanders. One is ready for the road, but I lack the paperwok to get it legal at the moment.

So, as planned, I will be down there with a few friends and their non-studes. I will be coming from Cambridge Springs (between Erie and Pittsburgh).

Comment

Sounds great, gentlemen! Hope to see you there! Thanks for your interest!
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              All are in Australia now

Comment

Just bumping this up!
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                All are in Australia now

Comment

Hey Bill..
                  funny when I read this post I thought about Conneaut Lake Park. PA and "Youngstown tune ups" ....

Can you remember the Youngstown "Mob Days" back in the early 60's? .. a stick of dynamite wired to the ignition of a mobsters car ....unlike an IED's in Middle East, these were set for a "special person" who the MoM wanted to get off thier payroll..

anyway have a great show .. sorry i ventured off point .. would love to make it there one more time to see that show ..
                  John
                  Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

Bill,

Just wondered how the show was on Saturday. Did you get there? I almost got the '54 done in time. But I still wasn't happy with the brake adjustment. I also had some other issues to sort out with it, and the thought of trying to make it there on a upper 90s degree day when I had my doubts sort of killed the deal. It was not in vain though, because your invitation to the show motivated me to work more on my car in the last week than I have in quite some time. So....possibly see you there at Summit next month? We'll see.

Dave Bonn
                    '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Working...
                    X