Golden Hawk Carb Box Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Hawk Carb Box Question

My 57 GH only has a flapper in the car box base. I have seen other that also have flapper in the top box. Is there a preference with or without the top box flapper?
    My first car on the road again!

The old girl has never been sold to the public
    Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959
    My dad: 1959-70

sigpic

Me: 1970-2015 and counting!

Does this help?

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...hlight=flapper

Comment

That bulletin explains exactly what my car is doing. I have to crank a long time after a hot shut down. I'll see if I can locate a top with a flapper or modify mine if I have to.

Thanks,

Kirk

Grandpa was a Studie dealer. He got it off the car carrier in 1956 and drove it until 1959

sigpic

Comment

I can't answer the question, but you have a great '57 GH and its been in the family all of these years which makes the memories even better.
        Curt Devan
        Kirksville, MO

Editor, Mid Missouri Chapter Newsletter "Studie News"
        sigpic

Comment

I may have an extra top. I will check for you over the weekend. Did you see the notes in the bulletin about frilling holes in the carb also?

Comment

Not expert but have had three supercharged 289 with the 2 barrel and air box all are hard to start when trying to restart when hot unless its done before heat builds up. Mine has the flapper on top always starts just takes more than most cars to start when hot . Adding electric fuel pump per factory bulliten will help though . My Clipper is a low mileage car but hot starts not its thing cold starts are fast and trouble free. Heat is the enemy of current alcohol blended fuels
            Last edited by acolds; 06-22-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cdevan View Post
              I can't answer the question, but you have a great '57 GH and its been in the family all of these years which makes the memories even better.
              Thanks much! Is that yours in the picture? Nice color combo!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                I may have an extra top. I will check for you over the weekend. Did you see the notes in the bulletin about frilling holes in the carb also?
                I did see the carb drill instructions. I'll take a look and see if they have been done yet. I bought a carb kit last week and was planning to toss it in one of these days, now I have a few more steps to complete. Please let me know if you have an extra vented lid. I saw the instructions to modify mine, I just don't have a 1 inch drill bit though.

sigpic

Comment

That are nice Golden Hawks.

Rudy
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss-Goldenhawk View Post
                    That are nice Golden Hawks.

Rudy
                    And your as well.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X