Wanting 1965-1966 Wagonaire in Midwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting 1965-1966 Wagonaire in Midwest

I am seeking a solid, drivable Wagonaire for sale in the Midwest. I think a Chevy powered wagon would suit me better because of the cost of rebuilding a Stude engine. It does not need to be a show piece but should not be full of rust either. Herb Price Burlington IA herbpcpa@yahoo.com

I think you will find that restoring a well worn driver or a dead needing everything Car, costs way more in the long run, even though it is fairly cheap in the short run.

Also when you are looking for a Car as rare as '65 Wagonaires are, you don't get to choose the location.

Here is one I know nothing about, but it looks good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Absol...item3a7614e819
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      [Here is one I know nothing about, but it looks good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Absol...item3a7614e819
      A six cylinder with some sort of floor shift, aftermarket steering wheel, no radio, two-tone paint and they want to start at above $10K. They need to find someone that does not know Studebakers.

I agree, that you should not limit yourself by distance. $1500 in shipping will not buy much body work.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        A six cylinder with some sort of floor shift, aftermarket steering wheel, no radio, two-tone paint and they want to start at above $10K. They need to find someone that does not know Studebakers.

I agree, that you should not limit yourself by distance. $1500 in shipping will not buy much body work.
        I agree 100%. Too; if a cherry 1965-66 wagon for sale only had a Six: swapping in a Chevy V8 is no strain since everything is already in place from the bellhousing back (AT or 3 spd). All one would need are the V8 engine mount pedestals, V8 throttle linkage and exhaust manifolds/headpipes. Many of us (including myself) have swapped in SBC's into Studes.
        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
        X