Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any input would be appreciated

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any input would be appreciated

    I am new to the forum, having been given the task of selling my late father's 1950 Studebaker Champion. The car is fully restored, but it is garaged in Northern California, where nobody is around to assist with the sales process and the SDC Chapter is apparently inactive. It turns out that transporting it to the East Coast where I live is not all that expensive, and I sense that there is more interest for Studey's out here. Would be interested in anyone's input if I would be better served by transporting the car here and running the sales process myself, or leaving it to an auction house in California. Many thanks!

  • #2
    Where is it close to? N. California is twice the size of Conn. 2-dr or 4 dr. I suppose pictures are out of the question at this time. If you don't mind, who is your father? Someone may be familiar with the car.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Dave in CT View Post
      I am new to the forum, having been given the task of selling my late father's 1950 Studebaker Champion. The car is fully restored, but it is garaged in Northern California, where nobody is around to assist with the sales process and the SDC Chapter is apparently inactive. It turns out that transporting it to the East Coast where I live is not all that expensive, and I sense that there is more interest for Studey's out here. Would be interested in anyone's input if I would be better served by transporting the car here and running the sales process myself, or leaving it to an auction house in California. Many thanks!
      Do you mean the SDC chapter in Connecticut? The Karel Staple Chapter of Northern California is quite active. We may even be able to get by and take a look at it for you. Send me more info and maybe I can hook you up.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

      Comment


      • #4
        More details

        Originally posted by doug View Post
        Where is it close to? N. California is twice the size of Conn. 2-dr or 4 dr. I suppose pictures are out of the question at this time. If you don't mind, who is your father? Someone may be familiar with the car.
        THANKS FOR YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE. IT IS A 4 DOOR (SUICIDE DOORS), 81k MILES, FULLY RESTORED, GARAGED ABOUT 10 MINUTES FROM SANTA ROSA. MY FATHER, ERNIE DUEBENDORFER, BOUGHT THE CAR AROUND 1985 AND RESTORED IT OVER THE NEXT DECADE OR SO. HERE ARE SOME PICS IF THAT HELPS. I HAVE MORE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          response

          Originally posted by sdude View Post
          do you mean the sdc chapter in connecticut? The karel staple chapter of northern california is quite active. We may even be able to get by and take a look at it for you. Send me more info and maybe i can hook you up.
          jon, thanks for prompt response. I have attached photos to the forum; i assume you can access them. The only chapter name i had was sdc-sequoia branch, and my emails went unanswered. Car is 10 minutes outside of santa rosa. Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Sweet looking car!
            sigpic
            1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

            Comment


            • #7
              If thats the way it looks today its a very nice car. I'am sure anyone looking for a 4 dr would be interested in it. Heck just fly to ca. and drive it home. The road trip would be half the fun and a ca. car on the east coast should be easy to sell.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dave in CT View Post
                jon, thanks for prompt response. I have attached photos to the forum; i assume you can access them. The only chapter name i had was sdc-sequoia branch, and my emails went unanswered. Car is 10 minutes outside of santa rosa. Thanks
                Sounds like a job for Bob Petersen. The Sequoia branch IS the closest one. Don't know who you e-mailed but Bob should be able to help.
                Did you see this Bob?

                Dave, I sent you a PM.
                Last edited by Sdude; 06-20-2012, 05:10 PM.
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey, I will be in Santa Rosa. I just purchased a 1950 Champion. How can I help?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Since JDP became gainfully employed I haven't seen him and Sal proffering any products from the left coast. He does know how to market.
                    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

                    Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                      Sounds like a job for Bob Petersen. The Sequoia branch IS the closest one. Don't know who you e-mailed but Bob should be able to help.
                      Did you see this Bob?

                      Dave, I sent you a PM.
                      Yes Jon I see the post, always ready to help if I can and could and would go get it and help sell it, and the Sequoia chapter is very much still active, Dave you can call me if you wish at 510-266-2522, also if Roy is going that way he might be able to help.......Bob
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Reply to Bob

                        Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                        Yes Jon I see the post, always ready to help if I can and could and would go get it and help sell it, and the Sequoia chapter is very much still active, Dave you can call me if you wish at 510-266-2522, also if Roy is going that way he might be able to help.......Bob
                        Bob,

                        Thanks much - since my Dad was really handling this before he passed away I might have been using the wrong email for the sequoia branch. will call you early next week. regards, dave

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          thanks for hooking me up with Bob - Dave

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Dave in CT View Post
                            thanks for hooking me up with Bob - Dave
                            Bob's a good guy. You can trust him....
                            Jon Stalnaker
                            Karel Staple Chapter SDC

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We have a couple active FORUM Memebers in Petaluma. Plus Roy Yost (Radio Roy) is in Redwood City, as well.
                              KURTRUK
                              (read it backwards)




                              Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X