Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Way cool "Found my old Stude" Story (pics!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    OK who is going to post the first bid for Bob's Barracuda Convertible or '64 Daytona Convertible?

He appears to be still "kickin" but I don't think he will be allowed to keep them in CARI's garage any more!

And they are unlikely to fit in the DOG HOUSE with him!
    Now wait a minute here, Rich; let's not get the forum membership a little ahead of itself! BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
      Shame on you Bob, do you know who designed the Evinrudes??
      I thought Ole Evinrude designed them. And I wouldn't disparage the early Evinrudes. Later known as ELTOs (Evinrude Light Twin Outboard ) and in 4-60 and X-60 form, they powered many top midget race cars, won lots of races and championships. A running late 1930s ELTO 4-cyl is worth a lot of money. A 1939 Mercury? Not so much.

ELTO is long gone, of course. Mercury? Everything up to 60HP is made in Japan or China.

ELTO went down in a blaze of glory. Mercury? Just more Chinese junk.

Comment

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
        I thought Ole Evinrude designed them. And I wouldn't disparage the early Evinrudes. Later known as ELTOs (Evinrude Light Twin Outboard ) and in 4-60 and X-60 form, they powered many top midget race cars, won lots of races and championships. A running late 1930s ELTO 4-cyl is worth a lot of money. A 1939 Mercury? Not so much.

ELTO is long gone, of course. Mercury? Everything up to 60HP is made in Japan or China.

ELTO went down in a blaze of glory. Mercury? Just more Chinese junk.

Very interesting!.......And what a nice picture!

Comment

Working...
        X