1950 Champion suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion suspension

I have the complete front and rear suspension from my 1950 Champion that I am willing to GIVE to whoever wants to pay for the shipping. I will send individual parts just tell me what you need and I'll send it to you. All you CASO's out there can't ask for a better deal than that. I'll posts some pics when I get home. I also have the complete rearend, drum to drum, if someone wants that. I'm not looking to make anything on this stuff, I just don't want to see it go to the crusher.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by manest; 06-19-2012, 02:58 PM. Reason: added pics

I see you have the steering column out. What about the steering wheel. Someone was looking for one...
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
      I see you have the steering column out. What about the steering wheel. Someone was looking for one...
      Yeah, I've got that. If I find my camera again I'll post a picture of it.

Comment

Here's a picture of the steering wheel. No horn button, just the wheel.

Comment

Private message sent.
          Perry
          \'50 Business Champion
          \'50 Starlight Champion
          \'60 Lark Convertible,
          \'63 GT R1,
          \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

So no one else needs any of these parts????

Comment

Originally posted by manest View Post
              So no one else needs any of these parts????
              Just keep bumping the thread. I'm sure someone will want them.
              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

How many miles are on this car? That will give me some idea of the degree of wear on the parts. If your car has as many or more miles on it than mine, not likely much to be gained by swapping your parts for mine. Thanks.
                John
                1950 Champion
                W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                Holdrege NE

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
                  How many miles are on this car? That will give me some idea of the degree of wear on the parts. If your car has as many or more miles on it than mine, not likely much to be gained by swapping your parts for mine. Thanks.
                  No idea really. My brother-in-law was rebuilding the car about 25 years ago. So there are a lot of "new" parts on it, but it has sat for the last 25 years so some of those "new" parts are not in such good shape. For example, someone on the HAMB forum wants all the brakes. The linings are "new" but the bonding glue is deteriorating. So the linings are not glued to the shoes anymore. I know that most of the control arm bushings are new and most of the steering linkages look pretty shot. So tell me what you'd like and I'll let you know the condition and/or send you good pics of the part.

Comment

So the brakes are gone and the steering wheel is spoken for. Any other takers? Going once.........

Comment

Originally posted by manest View Post
                      So the brakes are gone and the steering wheel is spoken for. Any other takers? Going once.........
                      I'd give it a few more days before you scrap what's left.
                      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Going twice......

Comment

Check your private messages.

Comment

OK, I went on vacation and had an appendectomy. Now I'd really like to move these parts. I still have the spindles, upper and lower control arms, rear end, coil and leaf springs, crossmember, steering box, and some steering linkage.

Comment

OK the coil springs are gone now, any other takers???

Comment

Working...
                              X