Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dad's 47 Coupe makes it to my son's Prom

the proud grandson and his date
    1946 Studebaker M5 1/2 ton.....Got Parts?...rear view mirror,.?
    Studebaker Drivers Club Member
    Learning Respect for the Power of Rust more Every Day
    Studebaker Truck Farmer

LOVE that Biz Coop!
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bet he had the only one there. Nice car!

Comment

That's TOO cool!!

Comment

And Peter Crisitello claims that he has the "only currently running 1947 Commander 3 Passenger (Business) Coupe (14A-Q2) in the world." Reference: June 14, 2012 "Old Cars Weekly".
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Simply put...That is what it is all about! That car held three generations (at least) and instantly creates memories that feel good. Not much different than a crib passed down through the generations. Long live this hobby and long live Studebaker, and you and yours....all of you....!

Comment

My 1947 Commander 14A-Q2

Originally posted by BruceT View Post
              the proud grandson and his date
              I am glad to see another 14A-Q2 has been resurected. My 1947 Commander with the designers son at the last South Bend International is attached. I would like to communicate with with any other Commander Business Coupe owners. Feel free to contact me directly. Peter Crisitello Crisitel@RCI.Rutgers.edu
              Attached Files
              T442163
              Crisitel@oit.Rutgers.edu

Comment

Very cool, Bruce. What a neat car! BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

You are a better person than I am. Our son suggested taking our Starlight to the prom a week after I finished the restoration in the late '80s. My wife came to the rescue by suggesting she teach him how to drive our Triumph TR4A, which is what he took to the prom. That is probably what he wanted to do in the first place!
                    Perry
                    \'50 Business Champion
                    \'50 Starlight Champion
                    \'60 Lark Convertible,
                    \'63 GT R1,
                    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Originally posted by fpstude View Post
                      You are a better person than I am. Our son suggested taking our Starlight to the prom a week after I finished the restoration in the late '80s. My wife came to the rescue by suggesting she teach him how to drive our Triumph TR4A, which is what he took to the prom. That is probably what he wanted to do in the first place!
                      At that age, I would have preferred the seats in a Starlight to those in a TR4A <G>.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I figured it was safe for him to take the car to Prom....no back seat!......Quite funny to watch, 1 classmate arrived in a Ferrari,another in a Maseratti,a couple in massive Case tractors,a couple Corvettes,our neighbors daughter arrived in Galaxie convert,another in 56 Chev,57 Chev..the young crowd was ooing an aweing the high priced cars,the parents and grand parents were standing around the vintage cars reminising(sp)....my daughter said I had 6 yrs to finish my M5 for her prom...I better get busy

regards,Bruce
                        Studebaker Truck Farmer

Comment

Originally posted by T442163 View Post
                          I am glad to see another 14A-Q2 has been resurected. My 1947 Commander with the designers son at the last South Bend International is attached. I would like to communicate with with any other Commander Business Coupe owners. Feel free to contact me directly. Peter Crisitello Crisi
                          tel@RCI.Rutgers.edu
                          Peter,We ,Helen and I share the Stude 50 /50.
                          It has been a labour of love for a few years ,Had to get it ready for Mitchels grad;,
                          Also for the July 1st parade comming up.. All the body work was done by myself..Had the block bored out 30thou new pistons polished crank put it all back together myself Used to work in a garage years ago, Joined Drivers club in 04..
                          Nice to hear from other proud owners of Studes
                          Dave & Helen hdtenhoeve@telus.net
                          Last edited by BruceT; 06-18-2012, 06:58 PM.
                          Studebaker Truck Farmer

Comment

Originally posted by BruceT View Post
                            I figured it was safe for him to take the car to Prom....no back seat!........my daughter said I had 6 yrs to finish my M5 for her prom...I better get busy
                            regards,Bruce

A protective father's worse nightmare...a boy picks up his daughter in a RAMBLER!!!!!!
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                            X