Rutland northeast meet let's hear it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rutland northeast meet let's hear it

I am planning on driving the 61 hawk to rutland. I hope to leave thursday june 21, 2012. It should take me 5 hours of just the hawk and me. Who else is going? Hey "studelover" get in that beast and drive north i want to see your car.

I do spell better than that. I typed the post in all caps and when posted it changed to all lower case. I'm just saying in case you guys thought I was some uneducated rube that you could take advantage of when I get up there in Rutland!

Comment

I am planning on driving my 61 Hawk there as well, I have my windshield replacement scheduled for Thursday, car inspection for Friday morning. God willing there are no further failures on my inspection, I will be there.

3 hour drive for me.
      sigpic
      1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

I'll be there in my Packard wagon.
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I will be driving my 1964 Hawk up late Friday afternoon. It should take me sometime under three hours.

Comment

This is a bump. Hey Rutland is this week!!!!!!!! If you really think of us as a driver's club and you, like me, are somewhat confused why NJ and the Atlantic Zone are not having a meet because South Bend (bow head) is too close then you better be driving to Vermont. I need fellow Central NJ and Maryland types to be going to pick me up when I break down.

Although, I been told I is a good mechanic, and counting yesterday, I been fixin real cars for tree days.

Comment

Hey Jim, are you going through NY City on your way up? Or are you gonna bypass it? Those drivers on the GW bridge always make me nervous in my brand x daily driver. I can't even imagine what it would be like in my Stude!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bobgray View Post
                I will be driving my 1964 Hawk up late Friday afternoon. It should take me sometime under three hours.
                Can't wait to see that baby! Hawks Rule!
                sigpic

Comment

Garden State Parkway to NY Thruway to Ethan Allen Highway (7) to Rutland. No way I would drive in or near NYC.

Comment

There should be several of us coming in from Atlantic Canada. A small group is coming in from PEI and New Brunswick via St Stephen/Calais, then onwards via the Airline to Bangor, and on to Rutland. Normally, I'd be driving the 63 Wagonaire, but....I'll be driving the backup car. Not sure at this second how many, and if Nova Scotians will be involved too. See you all there

Comment

I plan on being there with the '62 Lark convertible.

It was a choice of my 40th year HS class reunion or the zone meet.

I chose the zone meet.

See you there....
                      Dan Peterson
                      Montpelier, VT
                      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

I'll be there in my brand x, delivering some presold parts, and looking for goodies. I'll look for you Dan, thanks again for the parts delivery from S B last year!
                        Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

DPSON: I agree 100% HS reunion would be fun but not nearly as fun as a Stude Zone Meet. Besides no one at the Zone meet will remember you cheated on the 9th grade math test and that is how you got accepted into the math club, which then moved you into a a great college and then a great job and you..................OH MY......you better come to Zone Meet.

(Legal Disclaimer: The writer does not know DPSON and has no actual knowledge of his cheating in 9th grade, but I'll bet he did).

Comment

It was more a question of which group of "old farts" would I rather spend the weekend with....old studebakers won out over old students.
                            Dan Peterson
                            Montpelier, VT
                            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Holy crap Dan, you are as old as I am? I missed my 30th ten years ago to be at the zone meet in Vernon CT.
                              Chip
                              '63 Cruiser
                              '57 Packard wagon
                              '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X