Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picking up 2012 registration packet...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I may have the solution Bob. Email Jen Wheeler at registration@cornerstonereg.com

    Since Cornerstone, and Jen in particular is working on our meet, I will bet she will have that answer. Also, if you will, please share this with the inquiring minds here that will want to know, as I am sure that you won't be the first with that question.

    Thanks
    Bob Henning

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by 1961 lark guy View Post
      I may have the solution Bob. Email Jen Wheeler at registration@cornerstonereg.com

      Since Cornerstone, and Jen in particular is working on our meet, I will bet she will have that answer. Also, if you will, please share this with the inquiring minds here that will want to know, as I am sure that you won't be the first with that question.

      Thanks
      Bob Henning
      Howdy Bob, I hope this works as the previous suggestion to email Karen Dyer seems doomed to failure. I know that there is time before the meet to sort this out and can understand if you don't know the answer, but I cannot imagine that this situation hasn't occured before. Thanks for your response, I will use your 2nd email suggestion and share with the group if the appropriate response is tendered. Bob
      Last edited by AnAvanti4Bob; 06-22-2012, 12:24 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Good luck Bob. Since Jen is the actual person that is in charge of putting the registration packets together I hope you get an answer. Feel free to call at 574-229-6280 and we can speak.

        Bob

        Comment


        • #19
          Has there been any resolution to Bob's and others issue about being registered with both the SDC and AOAI parts of the meet and will they be accommodated in being able to pick up both packets in one central location, rather than chasing all over South Bend! I would have thought both organizing committees, could have handled the issue, rather than having Bob chase down the answer, if there is one, by himself. Someone should have stepped up to solve the issue at the local level. I know it may sound easy for me to say something, but I would suggest that this issue, could be and should be, passed along to each of the upcoming International Meets, where SDC and AOAI are both there, but at separate Host Hotels, as a learning experience, so it can be facilitated better, in the future! The is my Złoty opinion, for what it is worth!

          Since the meet is now just 30 days away...everyone have a safe trip and a good time...

          Comment


          • #20
            All registration packets (for those per-registered) may be picked up at the South Bend DoubleTree Hotel (the host hotel). This is true whether you are signed up for the AOAI or SDC Meet. They are one and the same Meet this year.
            On-site registration will at the same hotel.
            - Mark Wheeler, Cornerstone Registration, Ltd.
            SDC Membership Secretary and SDC Webmaster

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by wheelsm View Post
              All registration packets (for those per-registered) may be picked up at the South Bend DoubleTree Hotel (the host hotel). This is true whether you are signed up for the AOAI or SDC Meet. They are one and the same Meet this year.
              On-site registration will at the same hotel.
              Thanks for the definitive statement on this, Mark.
              Will we be able to pick up meet packets on Sunday evening? This will give us information and ID tags so that we can take the shuttle from the Inn at St. Marys to the host hotel for the SDC Board Meeting on Monday (starting early in the AM).
              Hopefully, the shuttle is running early enough for the SDC Board Meeting. I have yet to see a schedule of hours of operation for the shuttle.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

              SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

              Comment


              • #22
                [QUOTE=glen;657773]Has there been any resolution to Bob's and others issue about being registered with both the SDC and AOAI parts of the meet and will they be accommodated in being able to pick up both packets in one central location, rather than chasing all over South Bend! I would have thought both organizing committees, could have handled the issue, rather than having Bob chase down the answer, if there is one, by himself.

                Well, after emailing Karen Dyer and Jen (who referred me back to Bob Henning!?), all answers point to the SDC host hotel as the place to pick up registrations whether nor not you are an AOAI or SDC registrant (or both) as confirmed by Mark Wheeler. I also take Glen's point that I may not have been the in the best position to "discover" this information as this issue was bound to occur at a joint meet. I realize that the SDC is accepting responsibility for a large undertaking, but for AOAI registrants at their host hotel, why not have the AOAI only registrations available at the Inn at St. Mary's - seems more user friendly to me. I accept that I will pick up my registration at the SDC host hotel downtown. Question: will there be some sort of temporary parking available at the DoubleTree for people who are just going in to pick up registrations as opposed to street, valet or $$$ parking? Thanks to one and all who are working hard to make this event a success...Bob

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hi all.

                  To answer a couple more questions:
                  1. Yes, you may pick up registration packets on Sunday starting at 10:00 am at the DoubleTree Hotel South Bend on the 2nd floor.
                  2. The reason we only have one central location for registration packet pickup is because many people are registered for BOTH the SDC and AOAI. We have no idea what hotel people are staying at. It would be a nightmare tracking this information down, PLUS if we sent a packet over to the Inn at St. Mary's, but someone decided to stop in at the DoubleTree first (or vice-versa), we wouldn't have their packet for them. To avoid all the potential mix--ups and second-guessing, having registration at one central location makes the most sense.

                  One final note: All meet information can be found at www.sdcmeet.com
                  - Mark Wheeler, Cornerstone Registration, Ltd.
                  SDC Membership Secretary and SDC Webmaster

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Just to clarify....

                    If you registered ASC and SDC, you will get both at the Fairgrounds. If you are a vendor, the registration packet will be available at the Fairgrounds, so you do not need to go downtown.

                    Thanks
                    Bob Henning

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by wheelsm View Post
                      Hi all.

                      To answer a couple more questions:
                      1. Yes, you may pick up registration packets on Sunday starting at 10:00 am at the DoubleTree Hotel South Bend on the 2nd floor.
                      2. The reason we only have one central location for registration packet pickup is because many people are registered for BOTH the SDC and AOAI. We have no idea what hotel people are staying at. It would be a nightmare tracking this information down, PLUS if we sent a packet over to the Inn at St. Mary's, but someone decided to stop in at the DoubleTree first (or vice-versa), we wouldn't have their packet for them. To avoid all the potential mix--ups and second-guessing, having registration at one central location makes the most sense.

                      One final note: All meet information can be found at www.sdcmeet.com
                      Thanks, Mark. This all makes sense.
                      I plan on driving out on Saturday and Sunday. How late do you plan on having the registration pick up available on Sunday evening?
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

                      SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        So let me get this straight.......

                        According to Mark at Cornerstone:
                        "1. Yes, you may pick up registration packets on Sunday starting at 10:00 am at the DoubleTree Hotel South Bend on the 2nd floor."
                        and
                        "2. The reason we only have one central location for registration packet pickup is because many people are registered for BOTH the SDC and AOAI. We have no idea what hotel people are staying at. It would be a nightmare tracking this information down, PLUS if we sent a packet over to the Inn at St. Mary's, but someone decided to stop in at the DoubleTree first (or vice-versa), we wouldn't have their packet for them. To avoid all the potential mix--ups and second-guessing, having registration at one central location makes the most sense."

                        But then Mr. Henning of the SDC National Committee says:
                        "If you registered ASC and SDC, you will get both at the Fairgrounds." So what happened with the above decision, from Cornerstone about everybody

                        The only sense out of this whole thing, if it is true, according to Mr. Henning, is the vendors can just go to the fair grounds to pick their packets up!

                        The good news: is for those of us traveling to Colorado Springs for the 2013 National meet, we will only have only 1 place to go to: The Crowne Plaza Host Hotel! The only off site activities will be the normal tours and the Family Fun night!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by glen View Post
                          The good news: is for those of us traveling to Colorado Springs for the 2013 National meet, we will only have only 1 place to go to: The Crowne Plaza Host Hotel! The only off site activities will be the normal tours and the Family Fun night!
                          This is the way that most SDC International Conventions are (most all in one place). We put up with all of the idiosyncracies of South Bend because it is South Bend.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

                          SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            "The only constant is change." Ever hear that quote?

                            In order to appease some people, the hosting chapter has now decided that they will have the SDC registration packets for VENDORS and anyone also registered with the ASC (Antique Studebaker Club) Meet out at the Fairgrounds.

                            Let me be as clear as I can:

                            1. IF you are a VENDOR at the Meet, your registration packet will be at the Fairgrounds.
                            2. IF you registered with the ASC (Antique Studebaker Club) for their meet, AND you also registered for the SDC/AOAI Meet, your registration packet will be at the Fairgrounds.
                            3. Everyone else who does NOT fall into categories 1 or 2 above, your registration packet will be at the DoubleTree Hotel.

                            That's how it sits today. If there is any change, I or Bob Henning will post an update here.
                            - Mark Wheeler, Cornerstone Registration, Ltd.
                            SDC Membership Secretary and SDC Webmaster

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X