Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about bringing a car to the 2012 meet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about bringing a car to the 2012 meet.

Since I only live 30 miles from South Bend, I plan on attending some of the things at the meet in South Bend, but won't be spending the night there etc. I would like to bring my Hawk over one day and put it on display only, but I really don't want to leave it there...I would just like to drive it home at the end of the day. Is that an easy or hard thing to do? I never really paid attention to how movement of cars was regulated.

Steve, this is subject to the observation of someone local:

For all practical purposes, there is only one day (Thursday, Judging and Show Day) where the entered cars, both judged and display, are all parked together in some semblance of an organized show.

Generally speaking, it is asked that the car be in position by 9:00 AM that day and left there until maybe 3PM or so, so there is not a lot of vehicular traffic on the show field while the cars are being judged and admired.

Beyond that, all other days you just drive your car over, park it where you want to while attending events, and then drive it home in the evening. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for the info Bob. As a follow up, on those other days when the cars are not being judged, do all the Studebakers still park together for people to look at, or is everything just mixed together (old cars and modern cars,SUV, etc.)?

Comment

All cars are parked in their class. Show and display side by side. Jim

Comment

What Jim said in Post #4 for Show Day (Thursday), Steve.

Other days, as you inquired, are not so organized...nor can they be, really.

Generally speaking, Studebakers being driven around town tend to cluster together at major areas like the museum, the fairgrounds for the swap, etc., but there are few hard and fast rules.

Sometimes they try to block off Studebaker-only parking in one area around an event site, but there is always some inconsiderate nincompoop who feels he is "special" enough to park his modern iron among what is obviously a group of collector cars.

To wit, as I posted elsewhere:

(We're not talking about dedicated handicap parking, here; that is certainly an appropriate exception where you'd expect to find appropriately-identified Studebakers and Brand-Xs mixed.) BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
          X