Looking for Avanti II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Avanti II

I am looking for a Avanti II with 4 speed manuel transmission. Also with ac,ps,pb,pw. Prefer 350 engine to be used as a daily driver. In good conditon-exterior & interior. Prefer the eastern part of the U.S.

quote:Originally posted by lpack

Prefer the eastern part of the U.S.
    You won't find an Avanti II in the eastern salt-belt states that have a frame left! Good Luck....

Seriously, N&A used pre-rusted lark six frames sandblasted to build alot of Avanti II's on. A couple winters and bye-bye frame.

Kent

Comment

You won't find an Avanti II in the eastern salt-belt states that have a frame left! Good Luck....

Seriously, N&A used pre-rusted lark six frames sandblasted to build alot of Avanti II's on. A couple winters and bye-bye frame.

Kent

Comment

Look Carefully before you leap. A few years back and before purchasing my '63 I had looked at a '67 Avanti II in Florida. I had paid a Florida "expert" to inspect this vehicle. I explained to him the hog trough situation on this car before he left to do the inspection. His report made no mention of any problems in this area. So I flew down to Florida (Clearwater area) to have a look for myself. On the top of the driver's side fender at a point approximately adjacent to the firewall there was a SERIOUS 1 1/2 inch long crack through the fiberglass that the "expert" made no mention of in his report. The hogs were bad and this had caused the body to settle on the frame thus causing the fiberglass crack. This would have been obvious to a novice let alone an "expert". The owner was stuck on some $11,000 for the car and claimed he had a buyer willing to take the car for about $11k. And he was hoping for more. The car needed a lot of things in addition to the above. So...........use care and don't always put faith in someone claiming to be an expert. This guy advertised himself as an expert in a very well known collector car publication..........but how he could claim this is beyond me.[V][V][V][V][V][V]

wagone and the Old R2 Avanti

Comment

Look Carefully before you leap. A few years back and before purchasing my '63 I had looked at a '67 Avanti II in Florida. I had paid a Florida "expert" to inspect this vehicle. I explained to him the hog trough situation on this car before he left to do the inspection. His report made no mention of any problems in this area. So I flew down to Florida (Clearwater area) to have a look for myself. On the top of the driver's side fender at a point approximately adjacent to the firewall there was a SERIOUS 1 1/2 inch long crack through the fiberglass that the "expert" made no mention of in his report. The hogs were bad and this had caused the body to settle on the frame thus causing the fiberglass crack. This would have been obvious to a novice let alone an "expert". The owner was stuck on some $11,000 for the car and claimed he had a buyer willing to take the car for about $11k. And he was hoping for more. The car needed a lot of things in addition to the above. So...........use care and don't always put faith in someone claiming to be an expert. This guy advertised himself as an expert in a very well known collector car publication..........but how he could claim this is beyond me.[V][V][V][V][V][V]

Comment

I am looking for a Avanti II with 4 speed manuel transmission. Also with ac,ps,pb,pw. Prefer 350 engine to be used as a daily driver. In good conditon-exterior & interior. Prefer the eastern part of the U.S.
            There were no Avanti IIs made with 4-speed from 1975 until the Blake years (1983?), and not very many before or after that period either. A couple of the late 60s - early 70s models come up for sale on ebay now and then.

Skip Lackie
            Washington DC
            Skip Lackie

Comment

There were no Avanti IIs made with 4-speed from 1975 until the Blake years (1983?), and not very many before or after that period either. A couple of the late 60s - early 70s models come up for sale on ebay now and then.

Skip Lackie
              Washington DC
              Skip Lackie

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 54-61-62

Kent
                The exception that proves the rule: there's at least one such a car, cause I own it (but it's not for sale). It's a 74 with a 4-speed with solid hog troughs and frame. The original owner really pampered it, and it only has 60+K miles on it. The underside doesn't look like it was ever driven in the rain. It is either the last or next-to-last 4-speed Avanti II built, until Steve Blake built a few in the mid-80s. The advent of catalytic converters and tighter emission standards in 75 would have required Avanti Motors to build cars with both transmissions for the EPA to test, and they couldn't afford that. So they just deleted the 4-spd from their catalog.

Skip Lackie
                Washington DC
                Skip Lackie

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 54-61-62

Kent
                  The exception that proves the rule: there's at least one such a car, cause I own it (but it's not for sale). It's a 74 with a 4-speed with solid hog troughs and frame. The original owner really pampered it, and it only has 60+K miles on it. The underside doesn't look like it was ever driven in the rain. It is either the last or next-to-last 4-speed Avanti II built, until Steve Blake built a few in the mid-80s. The advent of catalytic converters and tighter emission standards in 75 would have required Avanti Motors to build cars with both transmissions for the EPA to test, and they couldn't afford that. So they just deleted the 4-spd from their catalog.

Skip Lackie
                  Washington DC
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

The statement should not surprise you, the world is full of liars, cheats, and deceitful individuals........hey, look no further than the Congress of this here USA.......full of gutless, deceitful out and out liars.......ala Ted Kennedy and his Marxist ilk.....

quote:Originally posted by wagone

Comment

The statement should not surprise you, the world is full of liars, cheats, and deceitful individuals........hey, look no further than the Congress of this here USA.......full of gutless, deceitful out and out liars.......ala Ted Kennedy and his Marxist ilk.....

quote:Originally posted by wagone

Comment

quote:The statement should not surprise you, the world is full of liars, cheats, and deceitful individuals........hey, look no further than the Congress of this here USA.......full of gutless, deceitful out and out liars.......ala Ted Kennedy and his Marxist ilk.....
                        PLEASE DON'T INJECT POLITICS INTO THIS FORUM.

Leonard Shepherd
                        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quote:The statement should not surprise you, the world is full of liars, cheats, and deceitful individuals........hey, look no further than the Congress of this here USA.......full of gutless, deceitful out and out liars.......ala Ted Kennedy and his Marxist ilk.....

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I did not know I did.....

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I did not know I did.....

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
                              X