Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jnormanh
    replied
    Aaaaargh. Add Clark and Hill, '67. Total 19.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To: jnormanh,------ You've definitely done Your homework, and like I mentioned these trivia questions can be a pain in the ---, but as to the number of cars that qualified AND RACED under the 'STUDEBAKER' corporate
    banner in the 100 years of the Indy 500, the answer is not seventeen. Feel free to try again!
    Last edited by SN-60; 06-11-2012, 01:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jnormanh
    replied
    Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    To: jnormanh,---- Well, I read Your comments and hear what Your saying. We're talking about Studebaker Corporate entries here. Do not consider side sponsorship. and buddua..buddua thirty is incorrect!!
    (definition 'side' sponsorship....Champion Spark Plug, Bear ,Valvoline, Perfect Circle, Firestone, etc.)
    Okay, Studebaker corporate entered -

1932 Zeke Myer, #37, Cliff Bergere, #22Tony Gulotta, #25, Peter Kreiss, #18, Luther Johnson, #46
    1933 Tony Gullota, #34, Zeke Meyer, #8 Luther Johnson #46, Cliff Bergere #6, L.L. Corum #47

The 4WD Novis? Both Cars for '63 were entered by The Novi corp. Both '64 cars were entered by STP division, Studebaker. The '65 Novis were entered by (Unser) the STP division, Studebaker, and (Hurtubise) by Chemical Compounds Division, Studebaker.

1966, Clark and Unser entered by STP division, Studebaker
    1967, RPJ, #40 STP Division, Studebaker.

The '68 Turbines were entered by the STP Corp as were Pollard and Andretti in '69 and Andretti and Follmer in '70, and others through '74.

So I guess, according to your clarified definition, the number is 17. Did I miss any?
    Last edited by jnormanh; 06-10-2012, 05:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To: jnormanh,---- Well, I read Your comments and hear what Your saying. We're talking about Studebaker Corporate entries here. Do not consider side sponsorship. and buddua..buddua thirty is incorrect!!
    (definition 'side' sponsorship....Champion Spark Plug, Bear ,Valvoline, Perfect Circle, Firestone, etc.)
    Last edited by SN-60; 06-10-2012, 03:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To: Skinnys Garage,------ Good thoughts....but thirteen isn't the answer!

Leave a comment:

• jnormanh
    replied
    Nobody knows the answered to "sponsored" since that might include anything from providing every penny to giving the team a few free decals.

Factory logo isn't STP or anything else except the Studebaker script or logo.

Okay, let's take your question at face value: Factory logo + qualified and raced.

1930 J.C McDonald, # 35
    1931 Russ Snowberger #4, Tony Gulotta # 37, Luthger Johnsoin, #57
    1932 Gliff Bergere, #22 Tony Gulotta, #25, Peter Kreiss, #18, Luther Johnson, #46, Malcolm Fox, #57, Doc MacKenzie, #42, Al Jesnen, #21,
    1933 Dave Evans, #38, Tiny Gulotta, #34, Russ Snowberger, # 4, Zeke Meyer, #9, Luther Johnson, #46, Cliff Bergere, #6, L.L. Corum, #47, Malcolm Fox, #57
    1934 Russ Snowberger, #10, Tony Gulotta, #8, Doc MacKenzie, # 73, George Bailey, #58
    1935 Harris Insinger, #62, Jimmy Snider, #39, Frank Brisko, #41
    1936 Zeke Myer, #53
    1937 Louis Tomei, # 53
    1938 Ira Hall, #37
    1939 Ira Hall, #37

And as Bugs Bunny would say: Buddda, budda, budda.....buddua....30.....that's all folks!

Leave a comment:

• Skinnys Garage
    replied
    If we're counting the Hunt-Jenkins Special, from '31 (not actually entered by Studebaker, but it did bear the logo) then I'll raise my guess to 13.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To: Skinnys Garage,---- Not bad.....Not bad, but twelve is not the correct answer.

Leave a comment:

• Skinnys Garage
    replied
    5 entries in '32, 5 entries in '33 and 2 entries in '64. So, I'll say 12 Studebaker sponsored.

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    Are We all done folks?? No other of You '500 fans' wants to venture a guess on this not really difficult question?

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To: clonelark,------ Sorry, five entries is not the correct answer!

Leave a comment:

• clonelark
    replied
    I say 5 entries

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    s1b,----Thanks for giving it a shot, but thirty isn't the correct answer.

Leave a comment:

• s1b
    replied
    30?.........

Leave a comment:

• SN-60
    replied
    To: bezhawk,---- Yes, that Agajanian financed double overhead cam Studebaker V8.....well, if an engine can be 'gorgeous', that one certainly was!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X