No announcement yet.

63R-2386 (aka Betty Jane) is ALIVE !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63R-2386 (aka Betty Jane) is ALIVE !!!

My 1963 Studebaker Avanti (63R-2386) is almost finished with her complete frame off restoration and modification and is now running. Here's a video of her running with Michael Myer seated in the driver's seat.

She will be coming home to Daddy in a few weeks and those of you going to the South Bend International Meet will see her later this summer.

In loving memory of my mother - Betty Jane McLendon Graham (1932-1992)
    Last edited by okc63avanti; 06-08-2012, 02:50 PM.
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Hmmm. The photobucket link you posted didn't work for me.
    ~Matt Connor
    '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      Hmmm. The photobucket link you posted didn't work for me.
      Try again I changed a few settings. Click on photo it should start Photobucket video
      sigpic
      John
      63R-2386

Comment

Sounds very nice.
        Congratulations, I bet you can't wait.
        pb

Comment

Good show, John!!
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

That sounds sweet!
            Dave Nevin
            Corvallis, OR
            1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
            Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Nice!! I also like the wheels! <G> BTW, hopefully Michael (& Linda) drank all that Budweiser AFTER he rebuilt the engine!!! LOL

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
                Nice!! I also like the wheels! <G> BTW, hopefully Michael (& Linda) drank all that Budweiser AFTER he rebuilt the engine!!! LOL
                Jim ... One of the unique options on my avanti is the Budweiser fuel to beer extraction reactor located in the trunk. You add your hops and barley and the reactor extracts the alcohol from the gasoline (gas plus 10% ethanol) and brews about 5 gals of Bud for every two tanks of gasoline. This results in 100% gasoline for my engine and plenty of beer for tailgating parties at SDC events. Budweiser has a meter on the device for calculating the invoice for you monthly beer consumption. Of course the operating manual that came with it has a legal disclaimer from the Anheuser Busch Corporation that they are not liable for use of the product while driving.
                sigpic
                John
                63R-2386

Comment

Working...
                X