wheel bearing part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel bearing part numbers

Anyone able to help with the wheel bearing part numbers for the 65? If I can I may try to get some while we are doing the brakes.

Thanks in advance!
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

The easiest thing for you to do is take one of the hub assemblys off, remove both bearings and their cups, take them into your local flaps. The originals are either Timken, or Bower. I would not accept SKF regardless of any discount offered. The Studebaker number is 473256/257 and 473258/259. The bearing set retails between $12.00 and $20.00. If you feel like becoming a patron, any of us vendor types can certainly help you. Bo

Comment

It is actually even easier than that. 1956 and up Studebaker passenger cars use a Set #2 outer, and a Set #6 inner. Any parts store will have these in stock. Depending on the brand, they may be known as A-2, S-2, A-6, S-6 etc.

Comment

All the bearings looked good...but... there were no seals in the front. Picking one up tomorrow. Also there was a missing piece in the front left assembly. We are pretty sure that this was the main culprit of the the brakes not working at that corner. My buddy came to the conclusion that the master cylinder and the front brakes were the big problems. The backs looked pretty good.
        1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Working...
        X