Hot Damn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Damn...

After sitting for about a month without being started, the 65 started smooth. It was amazing the difference with the fresh oil and fuel filter. Before the filter would barely want to fill. The new one filled quick. The old one had a metric crap load of debris in it. New air filter and air cleaner parts come Tues and Weds. Getting closer to roadworthy.

brakes tomorrow!
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Ain't it just the most wonderful feeling when everything comes together. I'm glad for you as I feel your excitement everytime I fire the Cruiser after it has sat all winter.

Comment

Today was the big day! Brakes finally finished. New PCV installed. Took the ole girl for a hot run around the block. What a blast. We ended up adjusting the Carb a bit. Drove it all over today. Seemed to get better and better the more I drove it. Just shaking the cobwebs. Went to put gas in it and it took 9 gallons. I was pretty sure there was nothing in it. The gas gauge still doesn't work so I'm going to have to figure something out there.

Man oh man I am excited. Tomorrow is its first day of commuting.

Comment

I'm happy for ya! I hope your car continues to run great as you get it "right".You may want to keep an eye on that new fuel filter to see how long it takes to fill up with more "stuff".Continue to keep us updated..

Comment

Originally posted by rusty65 View Post
          I'm happy for ya! I hope your car continues to run great as you get it "right".You may want to keep an eye on that new fuel filter to see how long it takes to fill up with more "stuff".Continue to keep us updated..
          Thanks. Good idea. I'll be sure to do that.

Comment

Working...
          X