1948 Convertible on EBAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1948 Convertible on EBAY

This seems like a heck of a deal for $14,000.00 buy it now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item3376f0be99

Dat's NICE!
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

A nice car. The listing says A/C, CC, PW. I didn't wait for the extra pictures. Does it show these items. It does say that it was built as a driver. With or without these items it looks like a deal for someone interested in this vintage of Studebaker. Isn't this what BondoBill is having restored? I wonder why there isn't even an opening bid on the auction, let alone the BIN.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That is a nice one. Seller has low feedback and negatives though. I love that green.
        Last edited by David; 05-31-2012, 03:05 PM.
        sigpic
        '89 Ford Festiva
        '90 Ford F250 4x4
        '14 Kia Rio
        '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
        '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

As long as you don't mind the rear window incorrectly installed in a zip out flap, and the rear fender welt incorrectly left black instead of being painted body color. The top mechanism and bows also appear to be too light in color.

Picky, huh?
          Last edited by RadioRoy; 05-31-2012, 03:16 PM.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
          10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
          56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
          60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

I understand your points Roy, but top down and purring on a country two-lane on a sunny summer day, I could envision myself overlooking those flaws.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

What is with the battery? In BP's favor the battery hold down is there, but what kind of battery is that?

Comment

Originally posted by 9echo View Post
                What is with the battery? In BP's favor the battery hold down is there, but what kind of battery is that?
                It looks like a 6-volt Optima battery.

They are long and narrow like that, with only three cells. When you put them in a tray like that, the "regular" battery hold-down will only catch the battery on diagonal corners. It does look goofy.

Here's a "regular" 12-volt Optima in one of my cars. Imagine it cut lengthways down the middle to produce 6 volts. It would be a much "longer" rectangle than you're used to seeing, and would fit diagonally in a 6-volt battery tray because it would be too long for the tray. BP

Last edited by BobPalma; 05-31-2012, 06:37 PM.
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

that sure looks like the one in the movie "DOA"

I wonder if there is any history . . .
                  sigpic
                  JohnP, driving & reviving
                  60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

I sure don't see any $30,000.00 spent on this thing. Unless someone paid $29,000.00 to buy it!

The Engine and compartment looks untouched for many moons or forever.

It would be an OK car for a lot less.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      I sure don't see any $30,000.00 spent on this thing. Unless someone paid $29,000.00 to buy it!

The Engine and compartment looks untouched for many moons or forever.

It would be an OK car for a lot less.
                      The opening bid is only $9800 and the BIN is $14K (that it may not reach). Do you think that it is okay for $9800?
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It looks like one a friend sold about 2 years ago in Mobile Alabama for about 6 grand and some freshing up. it went up to the northeast.

Comment

Working...
                        X