Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Shipping Options

Greetings all,

we just bought another Studebaker at auction that was out of state. My question is.....

From the vast expanse that is The Studebaker Experience, who is a good shipper of cars?

The car is in Texas and we need to ship it to Oregon. United Road quoted $1300 open trailer, other quote up to about $2200 for closed etc. we would, like everyone, find a good shipper that is affordable. We don't do this a lot so any help is awesome. This is a Lark convertible.

Any ideas Thanks

Peg's Trucking
    I just got a quote from her to bring a Studebaker that I am purchasing. I have yet to decide if I am going to go and get it or have it shipped.
    I have had Peg's pick up and drop off at my home as well as recommended her service to others.
    Do a Forum search for "shipping" to learn a lot on this subject and to get the opinion of others.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

dont use budget auto shipping for sure

Comment

Peg was in going to pick up a 54 "C" cab truck and take to OK but when the driver called and I asked him about the size of his truck and he said 85' I said then you won't be taking this one since it does not run and needs to be winched up he said your right I have no way with a rig like this , so I found the new owner some one to take the truck back for him, he might be coming right back and could bring the convert if needed, does it run and can be driven onto the hauler???
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

My two cents worth....
          It's a convertible, so go enclosed.
          And if you go one one of the big-time, name-brand collector car transport firms, you might be surprised a tthe cost, it might be less then you expect. I paid less than your enclosed quote for my Avanti to get to Washington from South Bend....albeit 5 years ago.
          Give them a call, it a free call. Can't hurt.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

best folks i've ever dealt with - but i didn't have to pay for it!!!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0699.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	1674492Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0698.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1674493
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Tom,

Have you checked with Reliable Carriers (Big Orange & Chrome Tractor/Trailers)? I just sold a '64 GT Hawk thru Hemmings and the new owner asked that I ship it thru Reliable.
              It went from here in Canton, MI (western Detroit suburbs) to near Phoenix, AZ. It went in an enclosed trailer for about $1,500 (about $1/mile).

Good luck, Harv
              StudeBakerHarv
              * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine)
              * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).

Comment

I had both cars shipped by Fedex Auto Transport. Yes they ship cars. Was enclosed and had the same driver. It was approx. 6 years ago but they were resonable and had no problem either time.

Comment

Working...
                X