Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I just purchased a 1956 president, and it needs a lot of work, in fact completely rebuilding, but I wanted an affordable american classic and always loved the two two pink and white.

No doubt I will be asking a million and one questions over the next few months, but I am excited to join your community and get the spanners out fixing her up.

Welcome to the forums! You came to the right place.
    sigpic
    1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

Yay! congradulations on the 56 President. You'll enjoy it's `class and grace for sure. Is it a 2 dooor, 4 door, or extended wheelbase 4 door(classic)?
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Its a 4 door other than that I have no idea on model details.

Comment

Welcome aboard! We'll help you however we can.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Jodi,

The folks here are amazing. I've learned more from this site than anywhere else. Stick around and that car will look great in no time at all.

I'll warn you, we are a picture hungry crowd, so I hope you have a camera

Also, if you post your serial and body tag numbers, many folks here can tell you scads about your car. What's more, if you go to the Studebaker National Museum's website, you can actually order the build sheet that was used in the production line to put your very car together! It will give you a snapshot of what your car looked like new on the dealership lot. (Keep in mind that dealers added some accessories after the fact, too.)

Ask a lot of questions, even if they seem dumb. I do that, and it's helped me learn piles.

Welcome!
            Last edited by JimC; 05-29-2012, 03:40 PM. Reason: Added link in case it wasn't known.
            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

If the back doors have 1 piece glass it's a President.
              If they have 2 pieces, a roll up and a wing window it's a President Classic.
              South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Jodi,
                Welcome to the forum, and Studebakering in general! I think you've chosen a beautiful start to the project. The whole '56 line is terrific!

Not sure what condition she is, but you may just want to see if you can make her a safe, driveable project. Start with the brakes and steering first, because if nothing else works, you want to be able to get her to a stop, and steer clear of trouble!

I look forward to pics as you dig into your new friend!
                ~Matt Connor
                '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

A big wave and welcome from all of the Aussie forum members.
                  John Clements
                  Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I wonder whether it's that 2 door car the seller posted here about, lots of comments but no buyers.
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

If you haven't done so yet, you need to join the Studebaker Drivers Club and then link up with chapters in Virginia and/or New York. There's nothing like the help and encouragement of the local folks. Studebakers are habit forming. Welcome!
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome from the left coast. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Pat
                          Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                          X