No announcement yet.

Thanks for the Advice - RE: 1937 CE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no way I can keep from getting older, but I refuse to grow old.
    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

You forgot to upholster the running boards...and some Vogue tires...and we'll be needing a night time shot to see the neon, tho...

I hope you have as much fun with it as you're having with us!
      Andy
      62 GT

Comment

Yeah!! Big Block! Big Block! Big Block! Big Block!

A nice 572 big block or a Viper V10(if you gotta go Chrysler, go CHRYSLER), and a nice coat of Black paint! C'mon man, forget the wee inline six, it's gotta look like the Reaper himself is coming at you, be able to run in the center lane of the freeway, and be able to pull a trailer at the same time!!
        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Awesome green....just screams for white diamond pleated vinyl running boards. Checkerboard firewall, clear red plug wires, beehive oil filter,multiple carbs. And don't forget the tilt bed.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by black9fourfour View Post
            Buy me a 12 pack of High Life and some PBR for the geezers 'round here. I'm ready to start cookin!

SHAUN
            Shaun

Now wait a minute!!!!! I support your right to build whatever and where ever you want but if you're going to drink that kitty pee we need to set down and have a little man to man about beers.

Sheeeesh, new members!!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
              Shaun

Now wait a minute!!!!! I support your right to build whatever and where ever you want but if you're going to drink that kitty pee we need to set down and have a little man to man about beers.

Sheeeesh, new members!!

Bob
              i think it depends if you're working on "fuel sipper", or a "gas guzzler"!!!

Shaun, late to the party, but if you stay with the "6", definitely go with the overdrive!!! my '40 really needed it...
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Love the green would go good sitting next to my orange Lark.
                James Maxey III
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
                  Whoa ! HA ! HA !
                  black9fourfour isn't here for information on Studebakers, he's only here trying to get a rise out of the "geezers" is all.
                  If true, then the theory some respondents had that he posted here in order that they could ridicule him can be tossed out I suppose?
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Shaun,
                    I'm going full custom with my Lark, so god forbid that I should tell you not to street rod your CE!

But while my '59 is a ratty old one-of-many sedan, you've got an amazingly cared for and quite rare Stude there. I suspect that was the primary reason for some of the negative posts you "enjoyed" on your other thread.

I have seen some amazingly tasteful customs on this forum, and I look forward to yours joining their ranks.

BTW, my Lark will remain with six-cylinder power. Well, 3.8 litres of Vortec V-6, that is!
                    ~Matt Connor
                    '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Shaun
                      I did my CE stock because I'm only the 2nd owner and it was a complete vehicle.
                      I did add the overdrive and the engine has had some upgrades to make it more driveable.
                      Now, for the rest of the story.
                      In 2002 I picked up a 37 Dictator coupe to match my truck.
                      All that I got was a body and frame with Chevy rear axle and bent stock front axle.
                      It was stripped out and planned on being rodded, most of the parts were long gone.
                      I have been buying parts and planning for working on this coupe in the future.
                      So far I have, A Jaguar rear axle with a Dana center, An independent front axle kit for it.
                      The engine will be a Studebaker 289 which I have a brand new complete short block purchased in 1972.
                      I have aluminum goodies for this engine, Finned valve covers, Aluminum intake, valley cover etc.
                      I have a Hawk 4 speed setup.
                      My thoughts are that if you have a fairly complete vehicle to try and keep it as close to stock as possible,
                      if you have something most people would run away from as a project then the sky is the limit.
                      After all, as is stated here and in other threads, It is your vehicle, do what makes you happy.

Comment

Now THAT sounds like an ideal plan!
                        A Coupe AND a CE........
                        I like that!
                        Jeff

Originally posted by 37CoupeE View Post
                        Shaun
                        I did my CE stock because I'm only the 2nd owner and it was a complete vehicle.
                        I did add the overdrive and the engine has had some upgrades to make it more driveable.
                        Now, for the rest of the story.
                        In 2002 I picked up a 37 Dictator coupe to match my truck.
                        All that I got was a body and frame with Chevy rear axle and bent stock front axle.
                        It was stripped out and planned on being rodded, most of the parts were long gone.
                        I have been buying parts and planning for working on this coupe in the future.
                        So far I have, A Jaguar rear axle with a Dana center, An independent front axle kit for it.
                        The engine will be a Studebaker 289 which I have a brand new complete short block purchased in 1972.
                        I have aluminum goodies for this engine, Finned valve covers, Aluminum intake, valley cover etc.
                        I have a Hawk 4 speed setup.
                        My thoughts are that if you have a fairly complete vehicle to try and keep it as close to stock as possible,
                        if you have something most people would run away from as a project then the sky is the limit.
                        After all, as is stated here and in other threads, It is your vehicle, do what makes you happy.
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Now you guys seem like you are having some fun....That is what I was hoping for and I think Shaun was too. Get rise, but make people laugh too. I know I am not trying to tick anyone off, just have some fun.

Shaun build away. And check your PMs.

Comment

Working...
                          X