1961 Lark hardtop on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Lark hardtop on Ebay

I like this little car; don't see many '61s and the Tahiti Coral color looks good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...#ht_500wt_1182

Russ Farris
    1963 GT Hawk R-2 4-speed
    1964 Avanti R-1 Auto

Thats a Nice-lookin' Lark Either Al isn't aware that 61 TL lenses can be had or doesn't care. It's really a small thing to me. You're right about them not showing up too often. Just from my personal observations thru the years, I'd say the 61s are the least surviving Larks after the 66s.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Russ, what Bob K said about the tailights. (I have a good, used set of "driver" 1961 Lark taillight lenses I'll sell for $75 including 48-state domestic shipping if the seller -or buyer- is interested. Pics available if requested.)

Too, I believe the color is probably someone's mediocre match for 1961 Flamingo, which became a regular option on all '61 Larks after being exclusive to Hawks and convertibles for a few months at the beginning of the model year. That Lark's Serial Number is high enough to have been built after Flamingo became available across the board. Edit: I see the seller lists the color as Flamingo to begin with.

Also, as you probably know, Tahiti Coral was a one-year-only color: 1959. (And that's too bad; I personally love it!)

What Bob K said about rarity, too; 1961 Lark hardtops are the lowest-production Lark hardtop ("J" body), aside from the confused 1964 model year. Here's the breakdown of all Lark 2-door hardtops, both sixes and eights:

1959: 15,071
      1960: 7,394

1961: 3,536

1962: 8,480
      1963: 3,763
      1964: 2,414 (South Bend and Hamilton production combined)

A Flamingo 1961 Regal VIII hardtop is a rare bird. I hope it finds a good nest. BP
      Last edited by BobPalma; 05-28-2012, 07:26 PM.
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

My 1961 Regal VIII hardtop was not Flamingo, it was red, but it was a Skytop which should make it pretty rare.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The listing says that it has a "289 V8", "...the largest Studebaker put in these cars..." The largest engine available in the hardtop was a 259. The only Lark that had a 289 option in 1961 was the Cruiser.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Nice looking Hardtop. It must have had a Engine transplant somewhere along the line, as only special order Commercial vehicles could have a 289 as indicated, except Cruisers and Hawks.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rich - We did it again - both thinking along the same lines and also agreeing. This time, I hit send first. Sometimes it is the other way around. Most times, you state what I would have said and I just agree in my mind without posting.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

This is Flamingo:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...chmentid=15549

Comment

Working...
                X