Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'54 Land Cruiser seen along the highway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '54 Land Cruiser seen along the highway.

I was doing a little sight seeing along the Oregon coast and came across this '54 LC for sale. It's a nice, clean looking car but has a Caddy 472 engine. Still, it's tempting. Only bad thing I could see was the missing trim on passenger front door.
    Attached Files

I have seen Pics of that LC before, it must have been on Craigs List or ebay before for too much $, since it is still around.

I wonder if it is a late '53 with '54 side trim added, without seeing the Tail Lights, Deck Lid and Instrument Cluster it is impossible to tell.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 05-28-2012, 11:50 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yes, that LC has been on e-bay a couple of times. Nice looking car I think, and it must go like blazes with that Caddy!

Comment

In the picture, it appears to have 1953 parking light assemblies (grille bars), not "1954". I agree that the side trim is not like a 1953 LC. The car is probably a combination of parts including the Cadillac engine. The S/N and body number should tell more (for anyone interested).
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

THe car was produced here in the Spokane area and yes it was assembled by a talented stude enthusiast. Nice car nice interior, about a 10 year old redo. A relative aquired it when the owner/builder passed away. It ended up in the Portland area,I believe he thought he would resale and make some money.

Comment

That is one sweet Land Cruiser. They sure look good in Black.
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

The 1968-84 Cadillac 368/425/472/500 V8's probably weigh significantly less than a Stude V8 so that LC is probably easy to drive even without power steering.
              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
              X