Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1962 Lark sedan: amber rear turn signal lenses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Lark sedan: amber rear turn signal lenses?

Long story short: since I'll have to replace my turn signal switch on my 1962 Lark Y body; I'm going to 'steal' the backup lights since they are not in use and convert them to rear flashers like on an export Stude. The wiring should be no hassle since the existing BU feed will go to the present brake lights (and be tied into my brake light switch under the dash) and the present TS wires will be spliced into the BU lights. Which brings me to the next question: where can I score a pair of amber lenses or will I simply need to use a pair of amber bulbs instead?
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Easiest thing to do is to use amber bulbs, available just about everywhere. Amber lenses would be a problem to find in this country.I used amber bulbs in my 41 Champion when I converted the clear parking lights to turn signals.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
      Easiest thing to do is to use amber bulbs, available just about everywhere. Amber lenses would be a problem to find in this country.I used amber bulbs in my 41 Champion when I converted the clear parking lights to turn signals.

I'm thinking the same thing.

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

that's what i would do. no US '62's that i know of had the amber lenses.

might think about amber led's for brightness...
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Amber lens dye is still available...

Amber lens dye

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Amber rear lenses for 1963 (should fit 1962) will be available from Studebaker Queensland once tooliong repairs are made. her is the link to the page http://www.studeparts.com.au/new-parts.html Chris can inform you if he can supply your needs.
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

You might also locate an 1156 NA bulb for it.
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                Amber rear lenses for 1963 (should fit 1962) will be available from Studebaker Queensland once tooliong repairs are made. her is the link to the page http://www.studeparts.com.au/new-parts.html Chris can inform you if he can supply your needs.
                1962 and 1963 look a bit different. I find it interesting that 1961 down are covered but not 1962 Lark types.

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                  I see that on the page given they are planning to repro clear lenses as well! It would be well worth the freight from Oz to get a pair of new clear lenses for my '63...

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by 1962larksedan View Post
                    1962 and 1963 look a bit different. I find it interesting that 1961 down are covered but not 1962 Lark types.
                    Unfortunatly those amber rear indicator lenses were unique to the Australian market and are hard to find in good condition. Apart from good used ones, the most common local alternative is clear lenses with amber bulbs, both of which are widely available.

Comment

Working...
                    X