Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63larkr1
    replied
    BTW, anyone with a Studebaker will be allowed to make a parade lap down the track in a group drive before the racing starts, around 11:00am.
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• 63larkr1
    replied
    Chris,
    Bob is correct, thanks Bob.
    Since you are coming south from SB you will come down 31 to I465 go left /east around the loop to I65 south and travel 38 miles south on I65 to exit 68 Columbus/Nashville State Road 46 and go west to Nashville about 17 miles. At Nashville you will need to get off State Road 46 and turn right on to State Road 135 and go all the way to Bean Blossom about 5 miles to Gatesville Road turn right and the track is on the left as Bob said. If you miss Gatesville Road you will come to Bill Monroe Music Park. So if you get there turn around.
    If you want to stay off the interstate stay on 31 through Indianapolis (Not recommended) and when you pass the south I465 loop turn right at the first light and it will take you to 135. ST 135 is a nice drive all the way to Bean Blossom and is recommended.
    You can always call me at the phone # in TW. Look forward to seeing you.
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Chris: 'Hope you can come down. Here's the e-mail sent out from Richard Poe yesterday.

Some have ask directions to the track. They have no address at the track but if you search 380 Gatesville Rd Morgantown, IN. This address is close by and the track will be on the left.
    The track is in Bean Blossom not Morgantown!
    Or go to Bean Blossom on SR 135 to Gatesville Road, take Gatesville Road about a mile and the track is on the left. Bean Blossom is about 5 miles north of Nashville, IN and about 8 miles south of Morgantown.
    See you soon,
    Richard

Or, to make it simpler:

1. Find Morgantown IN.

2. Go south out of Morgatown IN on Indiana State Road 135.

3. You'll go through the little town of Fruitdale.

4. Stay on 135 and you'll come to Bean Blossom.

5. When you come to Bean Blossom, look for Indiana State Road 45 going off to the WEST from 135. SR 45 ends at 135.

6. Slow down as if you are going to go WEST on 45.

7. Instead of going WEST on 45, turn EAST at the intersection of 135 and 45. 45 ends, but the road that goes EAST from that point (as if 45 continued EAST) is Gatesville Road. The Drag Strip is located on the north side of Gatesville Road.

8. Go EAST on Gatesville Road. It winds around and goes up and down as if you are in the back-road hills of Kentucky, but stay on it. After a long mile or so, strat looking off to the north side for the Drag Strip. You'll go PAST the Drag Strip itself to the entrance to the strip, which is a little further east than when you see the strip itself.

BP

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Dresbach
    started a topic Brown County Dragway

Brown County Dragway

What's the address to get to Brown County Drag way for the orphan car drags? It dosen't appear to be on the tracks web site.
Working...
X