63 Super Larks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Super Larks

Did all 63 Super Larks leave the factory with hubcaps, or did some have full wheel covers?
    THANKS

Technically, they had none......they were in the trunk. To be mounted by the dealer.

I think the small caps were standard, and full discs optional.
    Last edited by bezhawk; 05-23-2012, 04:34 PM.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Full wheel covers were optional on any and all Super Larks.

"Ordinary" small hub caps were standard equipment.

I'm not aware of any that were actually driven off the assembly line on a set of factory-installed Halibrand magnesium wheels, which were an authorized Studebaker dealer-installed accessory. If any were so equipped at the factory, they would be the exception to the above statement. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        I'm not aware of any that were actually driven off the assembly line on a set of factory-installed Halibrand magnesium wheels, which were an authorized Studebaker dealer-installed accessory. If any were so equipped at the factory, they would be the exception to the above statement. BP
        I guess you'd be the most qualified to state that with your factory getting 'lost' stories around that time. Have any of those five Standards that were painted Super Red that you and your cousin saw for real surfaced yet?

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          I guess you'd be the most qualified to state that with your factory getting 'lost' stories around that time. Have any of those five Standards that were painted Super Red that you and your cousin saw for real surfaced yet? Craig
          Sure, Craig; Nelson Bove has owned one, a factory R2 4-speed, for decades. It was even a "calendar car" one month for a national auto parts chain many years ago.

Through the process of elimination by details, George and I believe it was the very car we saw in a Studebaker Employee Parking Lot in the summer of 1963. The lot was on the other side of the railroad tracks from the Administration Building, on a small strip of land between the elevated tracks and Freeman-Spicer's Used Car lot.

We remember it because there was a five-quart can of Studebaker Special Motor Oil on the floor behind the driver seat. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            Sure, Craig; Nelson Bove has owned one, a factory R2 4-speed, for decades. It was even a "calendar car" one month for a national auto parts chain many years ago.

Through the process of elimination by details, George and I believe it was the very car we saw in a Studebaker Employee Parking Lot in the summer of 1963. The lot was on the other side of the railroad tracks from the Administration Building, on a small strip of land between the elevated tracks and Freeman-Spicer's Used Car lot.

We remember it because there was a five-quart can of Studebaker Special Motor Oil on the floor behind the driver seat. BP

Forgot about that particular one! Me bad!! And you brought it up before...

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X