X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Milaca View Post
    It came in the mail today along with the latest issue of Turning Wheels, however your mailing arrived in much better condition. Perhaps the USPS is more respectful of items with Bob Palma's name on them?
    'Don't think I'd wager on that one, Brent, but I'm glad it arrived OK. BP

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    It came in the mail today along with the latest issue of Turning Wheels, however your mailing arrived in much better condition. Perhaps the USPS is more respectful of items with Bob Palma's name on them?

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Thank you Bob. As for Lark Parker's entry, I wonder what it would have been....
    You're welcome.

As for Lark Parker's entry, I'd be afraid to ask. BP

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Winning prize has been mailed, Brent.

Thanks to all who participated. Good research! BP
    Thank you Bob. As for Lark Parker's entry, I wonder what it would have been....

Leave a comment:

• Lark Parker
    replied

I guess this means it is too late to enter.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Kelly, as Maxwell Smart would say, "Missed it by that much!". Meet me in South Bend this summer and I'll buy you a root beer.
    That was one of my top 5 favorite shows as a kid. I am a long time racer...LONG time, and for me, just being in the race was the best part. I would rather finish second by inches than win by a mile. The challenge is why I raced. I never minded not winning, as long as I lost fighting for it and not just rolling around. This was not a race, but losing a close competition is the fun part.
    I wish I could be at SB this summer, just no way I can do it. Maybe someday.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by 55s View Post
    I'll go for 299 cubic inches.
    Right, Paul, but 18 minutes late. Sorry. BP

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    No Packard club member here, just hours of of searching the web for Indy car details. Fun quiz though, I actually learned some stuff. Now if only I can remember any of it.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Thank you BP, the 1962 Lark Pace Car mailer would be a welcome addition to my collection.
    You're welcome. 'Going out Thursday, May 24 to the 170th street address. BP

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
    Brent and I must have been searching the same places because I noticed he posted a comment on the "misconceptions" thread about seeing that Studes are still making trucks in Canada for the Canadian military. I saw that same article while looking at stuff.

I thought to myself...."Canadian Military?"

lol
    Kelly, as Maxwell Smart would say, "Missed it by that much!". Meet me in South Bend this summer and I'll buy you a root beer.

Leave a comment:

• 55s
    replied
    I'll go for 299 cubic inches.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
    Brent and I must have been searching the same places because I noticed he posted a comment on the "misconceptions" thread about seeing that Studes are still making trucks in Canada for the Canadian military. I saw that same article while looking at stuff.

I thought to myself...."Canadian Military?"

lol
    Actually, Kelly, I was waiting for a fellow Packard Automobile Classics club member to open his new, May 2012 Cormorant News Bulletin and see that item inside the front cover.

Mine arrived today. I called Ted to verify his 289 was .060" over for 299 cubic inches, swore him to secrecy, and then posted the quiz. BP

Leave a comment:

• kmac530
    replied
    Nice job Milaca.

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    BINGO, Brent; both engines displaced 299 cubic inches.

So which do you want:

NOS Red Ball Envelopes
    or
    1962 Lark Pace Car Mailer?

Good research. Congrats. BP
    Thank you BP, the 1962 Lark Pace Car mailer would be a welcome addition to my collection.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X