Pop Quiz: Indy 500 & The Chicken Hawk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
    Kelly, as Maxwell Smart would say, "Missed it by that much!". Meet me in South Bend this summer and I'll buy you a root beer.
    That was one of my top 5 favorite shows as a kid. I am a long time racer...LONG time, and for me, just being in the race was the best part. I would rather finish second by inches than win by a mile. The challenge is why I raced. I never minded not winning, as long as I lost fighting for it and not just rolling around. This was not a race, but losing a close competition is the fun part.
    I wish I could be at SB this summer, just no way I can do it. Maybe someday.

Comment

Winning prize has been mailed, Brent.

Thanks to all who participated. Good research! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

I guess this means it is too late to enter.
        sigpic
        Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post

Thank you Bob. As for Lark Parker's entry, I wonder what it would have been....
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Thank you Bob. As for Lark Parker's entry, I wonder what it would have been....
            You're welcome.

As for Lark Parker's entry, I'd be afraid to ask. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It came in the mail today along with the latest issue of Turning Wheels, however your mailing arrived in much better condition. Perhaps the USPS is more respectful of items with Bob Palma's name on them?
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

It came in the mail today along with the latest issue of Turning Wheels, however your mailing arrived in much better condition. Perhaps the USPS is more respectful of items with Bob Palma's name on them?
                'Don't think I'd wager on that one, Brent, but I'm glad it arrived OK. BP

Comment

Working...
                X