A little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help

Hello Stude guys and girls, got a couple more questions..

How many v-belts should I have on the 60 Hawk 289? I'm thinking one, please enlighten me.

and just bought spark plugs (Autolite Double Platinum Spark Plug #437)
    for it and they say small engine on the package, does that sound right?

I also have one valve cover (289 year?)and a mismatched set of wheel covers from 50's Stude for sale if anyone is interested.

As to the belt...depends on the accesorys on the car...!
    Do you have power steering ?
    Do you have air conditioning ?
    Do you have a supercharger ?
    Do you have a positive phase, double generator ? Sorry, couldn't help myself..!

Without the above, one belt is the answer.

As for the plugs, if I'm not mistaken, the 437's are a coupla steps hot from the (Champian) H-10 that are called for. While the engine should run fine with the 437's, if the engine is in good runniing order, the H-10's, OR the equivalent Autolite's would be a better choise.
    A slightly colder plug with the "power tip" and the "7/16" reach (like the Champian H10) is a good design to use.
    But...as I said, the 437's should work fine. The hotter design will help burn off a little excess oil in the chambers.

Mike

Comment

Mike, it has no AC or super charger, and pretty sure it has power steering.

never heard of hot or cold plugs.

Comment

Also, it looks like a standard? OE auto-lite generator

Comment

IF it has powere steering, it'll have a second belt just for the PS pump.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
          X