Dave Thibeault and Jerry Forrester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Thibeault and Jerry Forrester

Once again I have used forum members for work and I am VERY PLEASED. Both of these guys stay in touch, work at fair prices and are on time. Just passing along the information.

You probably know who they are but just in case you're new: Dave Thibeault is basically all things mechanical and Jerry Forrester can chrome anything like new. Good Guys!

So many views and NO Replies. I know why...because these two are icons on the forum and everyone knows what I said is repetative of past praise but I did expect Jerry Forrester to at least say, " Oh now I am blushing." Or perhaps Matt Burrnett could have said, "Yeah, what he said about my main man." Or typical Dave T-Bow a slight smile icon, bow his head, smile, and say yeah thanks I guess.

Anyway a long bit of typing to bump my praise. While I'm at it: RUTLAND LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY!

Comment

Okay,
      " Oh now I am blushing."

I don't think Dave's on the forum.
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Ya he is'nt,"lack of free time" in fact I bet he does not even have time to read TWs.
        Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
        Okay,
        " Oh now I am blushing."

I don't think Dave's on the forum.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
          So many views and NO Replies. I know why...because these two are icons on the forum and everyone knows what I said is repetative of past praise but I did expect Jerry Forrester to at least say, " Oh now I am blushing." Or perhaps Matt Burrnett could have said, "Yeah, what he said about my main man." Or typical Dave T-Bow a slight smile icon, bow his head, smile, and say yeah thanks I guess.

Anyway a long bit of typing to bump my praise. While I'm at it: RUTLAND LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY!
          I don't know how you can state "...these two are icons on the forum..." Unless Dave T. uses some pseudonym that I am not familiar with, I do not believe that he has ever been on the forum.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I meant iconic such as they are frequently mentioned and they are. Now Jerry is blushing again. They are ROCK STARS on the forum.

Hey Gary don't correct me when I am wrong, right, wrong, right, left or right, I have a wife to to do that (typed to twice). You know I actually like your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by jg61hawk View Post
              I meant iconic such as they are frequently mentioned and they are. Now Jerry is blushing again. They are ROCK STARS on the forum.

Hey Gary don't correct me when I am wrong, right, wrong, right, left or right, I have a wife to to do that (typed to twice). You know I actually like your posts.
              Okay, now I understand your meanng. That is obviously not the way that I first understood your post.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Yeah but where's the love? I said I like your posts and you................Oh Gary I think we will never be the same. Rutland?? Forget it now I'm not going.............and we had such a nice time at Gettysburg.

Comment

I have NO MORE TO SAY Jerry is getting way too much free press. SUM UP:
                  JERRY GOOD,
                  DAVE GOOD,
                  GARY TOO MUCH INTO SAMANTICS.

Comment

Semantics Gary I mis spelled it. I mean i mispeled it. i meen i .......... u no what i mean

Comment

I luv Gary. He's a fixture here too. I'm just glad I was never the service manager where he'd bought a new car.
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

One day, when I have small pile of money saved up, Jerry will get a box from me full of chrome parts. Having seen his work, I'm a believer
                        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I can't speak about Dave, I haven't dealt with him YET. I am dissmanteling a 232 Jerry gave me. I certainly can speak about the kind of guy Jerry is. I wouln't be afraid to deal with Jerry on a handshake, Can't say that about many. Jerry is so laid back, that he went to the doctor, and they had to slap him to get his heart rate up.LOL

Comment

I've know Dave for quite a number of years. Dave Thibeault is not on the forum. His background involved many years of working with computers, but as he reminded me at the May meet in South Bend when I was telling him about my fuel injection project, he hates computers. However, as of late, I have had my supercharger rebuilt twice with him and he's done an excellent job in both instances when it self destructed. I have bought many parts from him over the years, including belts, radiator, and brake hoses, and he's always had an excellent assortment of high performance and aftermarket parts for my Lark.
                            1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                              I luv Gary. He's a fixture here too. I'm just glad I was never the service manager where he'd bought a new car.
                              Thank you, Bob K. (on the first parts)
                              I get your drift (on the last part), but do not think that was the case. Out of my more than 100 cars, I only purchased six new. Two of them were from the same dealership. I worked at that dealership, but it was after one car and before the other. I am still friends with the VP/Service Manager. Besides service, I still stop in just to say "Hello".
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                              X