• Wagonaire makes the endangered list!

http://www.hagerty.com/classic-car-a...d-extinct-cars

Oops make that threatened list!
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

I hope to bring (drive) mine to the IM this summer.

Picture taken on INDYSD in Bill Pressler's hometown.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan White View Post
      Three Wagonaires (two '63s and one '64) in the Kirby collection and they ARE endangered.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Not the greatest of company to keep, though, is it? I might possibly be talked into valuing the Celica but the rest make me think of nothing beyond, "Good riddance."

Comment

Te Monza fastback was a good looking car in its day...IIRC, it was the first (or among the first) news designs to incorporate the rectangular headlights.

The coupes were very Vega-ish, but the fastbacks were not bad looking. In the mid-80s I dated a girl with one (it was her old college car) and although it was blue/turqoise, some of its interior parts had faded to green...way to go GM!!!!

I agree about the Capri...you don't see any around...or even the Circa 1976 "Capri II" models that were offered until the Mercury Capri version of the Fox-body Mustang arrived in 1979.
          Even in the UK they're rare. The ones rust didn't get were all used up by boy racers in the 80-90s.
          Last edited by JBOYLE; 05-21-2012, 02:28 PM.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

If I recall correctly, the V-8 Monza had to be modified with a removable panel on the fenderwell or firewall in order to get one of the spark plugs out. Seems they didn't plan for clearance for a socket wrench. Frames tended to flex a lot with the V-8 as well.

Comment

I knew a girl that bought a special Monza new. It was some sort of performance and dress-up package. I don't remember what the package/model was called. It was red/white/blue (IIRC). That would probably make it a 1976 (there was a lot of that then). She was nicer than the car or maybe I would have remembered more about the car.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

there is a v8 capri down the street from me
                1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Actually, I think ALL vintage wagons are probably endangered. Most were "rode hard and put away wet" or just plain used up.
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Does this mean I should stop driving it... wrap it in bubble wrap...and keep the light off it?

No chance

See ya's in SB and at the Studebaker Made in Canada Meet in Belleville June 29-30

Bill
                    Bill Foy
                    1000 Islands, Ontario
                    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Working...
                    X